Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to connect unix server via web Post 302096569 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of November 2006 09:47:04 AM
Old 11-16-2006
First try 'ping <ip address>' to see if your UNIX machine can contact it at all.

Using telnet is a bad idea. It's very insecure. Your password is transmitted in plaintext for anyone on your local network to see. If you ever have the opportunity, look into setting up Secure Shell, aka ssh, instead.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. Thanks in advance. Phatan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. with simple example please. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To Connect to Windows server from Unix server

Hi i am writing a script in unix where after some validations, i require the script to connect to a windows server and then kich off a batch file there. i tried ftp and got the error message that "the remote host refused an attempted connect operation". I am able to connect to this unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidzz911
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

bat file to connect UNIX server.

Hi, i am trying to connect to unix server from windows bat file using telnet command. But bat file is unable to pass username and password hence could not login to UNIX. My requirement is to connect UNIX server from .bat file and run few macros at a perticular schedule. My UNIX login does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
1 Replies

7. Programming

Connect to UNIX server with Visual Basic

Is there any possibility to develop an application using Visual Basic that connects to a unix server (using SSH) and run some commands? I will try to describe what i need : The user should enter the server adress, username and password! Than the user must enter some "filenames" and after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SuperDuck
10 Replies

8. Solaris

how to connect a PC terminal to UNIX server?

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and looking for help here. we have four terminals connected to our solaris server (x86 based). the server got an interface card which provide serial port and video port for all chained terminals in a serial way. All these clients have no IP and they all display... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheong
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to connect Unix and Sql Server 2005?

Hi All Can any one please help me about How to connect Unix with Sql Server 2005 I want to do it urgently and i didn't find the way. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
14 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_apc - Fence agent for APC over telnet/ssh DESCRIPTION
fence_apc is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the APC network power switch. It logs into device via telnet/ssh and reboots a specified outlet. Lengthy telnet/ssh connections should be avoided while a GFS cluster is running because the connection will block any necessary fencing actions. fence_apc accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_apc can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://www.apc.com PARAMETERS
-o, --action=<action> Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -a, --ip=<ip> IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=<name> Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=<password> Login password or passphrase -S, --password-script=<script> Script to retrieve password -x, --ssh SSH connection -n, --plug=<id> Physical plug number or name of virtual machine This parameter is always required. -k, --identity-file=<filename> Identity file for ssh -s, --switch=<id> Physical switch number on device -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -u, --ipport=<port> TCP port to use for connection with device -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=<debugfile> Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=<char> Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check if fencing device is running. List available plugs/virtual machines or get status of machine (if it does not support more). metadata The operational behavior of this is not known. STDIN PARAMETERS
action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase passwd_script Script to retrieve password secure SSH connection port Physical plug number or name of virtual machine This parameter is always required. identity_file Identity file for ssh switch Physical switch number on device inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only ipport TCP port to use for connection with device verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_apc (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)