Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 on Enterprise 250
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 on Enterprise 250 Post 302096452 by Tornado on Wednesday 15th of November 2006 09:53:39 PM
Old 11-15-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcqv
Boot the machine and watch for memory check. You need to stop the boot process, this is normally done using STOP+A keys
Doing this could cause your system to hang on the probe-scsi command.
The correct way would be after the Stop+A set auto-boot?=false then type reset-all Once that is done you can run your probe command.

But try devfsadm first and then if you still can't see the disks with a format try running the probe-scsi command from the prom level, but only after setting auto-boot to false and running reset-all
Tornado

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 crash on Enterprise 3500

Hi Should anyone be able to help, one of my colleagues was doing a truss this morning and I am not sure if it has offset the system crash, but we have had these type of errors coming up???? # ls ls: Cannot read /usr/lib/ld.so.1 Killed # ps -ef ps: Cannot read /usr/lib/ld.so.1 Killed #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NAV4869
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Enterprise 450 Solaris 9 Problems

I am just getting started loading an Enterprise 450 Dell with Solaris 9 however I cannot get out of a loop that is not letting me get started. My basic question is what are the key strokes to get you out of a boot sequence so that you can at least clear the hard drive or start an install ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe7778
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Install solaris 2.6 on Enterprise 420R

I am needing to install solaris 2.6 on a Enterprise 420R with 4X450mHz. Documentation says you need Operating Enviroment Installation CD February 2000(704-7076-10). Does anyone know where I can get this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenyart
4 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris ent 250

Hi All, I bought a solaris ent 250 on ebay. There's no rgb connection for my monitor. How do I connect? Thru serial? Please help. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 3500

Hellocan someone tell me if there are any special tricks at hand t set up Solaris 10 on a Enterprise 3500? I`ve tried with different cd`s, burnt on different speeds, and also with bought one`s. All give the same result after boot cdrom, it starts but freezes right after the license message.And... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vatch23
16 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 on Enterprise 4500 install problem

Good day, I am dummie on solaris and trying learning about Solaris, so no much experience, this is my problem, I got enterprise 4500 SUN Sparc hardware, has 2 internal SCSI HD, when I try to install Solaris 10 says that "no disk found" at middle of installation, I already change the HD and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgargarcia_y2k
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help -- netra 5 Solaris enterprise 2

I need help to resurrect very old netra machines. two of them are netra enterprise 2 and they do not boot with the message Cant open boot device The IDPROM contents are invalid Boot device: net File and args the host is not connected to any LAN I brought up another Netra 5 connected to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk2153
3 Replies
GRUB-PROBE(8)                                             System Administration Utilities                                            GRUB-PROBE(8)

NAME
grub-probe - probe device information for GRUB SYNOPSIS
grub-probe [OPTION...] [OPTION]... [PATH|DEVICE] DESCRIPTION
Probe device information for a given path (or device, if the -d option is given). -0 separate items in output using ASCII NUL characters -d, --device given argument is a system device, not a path -m, --device-map=FILE use FILE as the device map [default=/boot/grub/device.map] -t, --target=TARGET print TARGET available targets: abstraction, arc_hints, baremetal_hints, bios_hints, compatibility_hint, cryptodisk_uuid, device, disk, drive, efi_hints, fs, fs_label, fs_uuid, gpt_parttype, hints_string, ieee1275_hints, msdos_parttype, partmap, zero_check [default=fs] -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-fstest(1) The full documentation for grub-probe is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-probe programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-probe should give you access to the complete manual. grub-probe (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-PROBE(8)