Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Concatenation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Concatenation Post 302096444 by samit_9999 on Wednesday 15th of November 2006 05:09:54 PM
Old 11-15-2006
Great.

Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation

What is syntax for String concatenation? I have $1 as directory. $var is some variable value '/' String value. How do I have to concatenate if I have to run utility - util $1 followed by '/' followed by $var There is no space between these three. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File concatenation problem

I have written a script to find particular text files created within the last 24 hours and concatenate them all into a single concat.txt file. The problem that I am running into is that the last line of the text files do not terminate with <CR><LF> characters (as do all the other lines in each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvander
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation

How can I do this: date = 4 -----------> 04 Month= 3-----------> 03 I wish to make a varibale named Var1 which will hold the value of current date and month value as: 2 digits for date. 2 digits for month. So finally var1 should hold value as 0403 --- MMDD (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Erroneous file concatenation.

I have more than one files in a directory , namely GLOW_OUT.txt FIELD_OUT.txt BASE_OUT.txt ... SHOW_OUT.txt What I wanted to do is to I am working in Korn Shell What I did was : for file in <directory_name>/*.* ;do cat $file | grep -v '^$' >> temp_file rm $file done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String concatenation

I have a script which is migrated from AIX to Linux & now while running it is no able to concatenate string values The string concatenation step under while loop is not displaying desired result Please find below the piece of code: while read EXT_FILE ; do EXT_FILE=$EXT_FILE.ext.sent echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Concatenation in a format

I have some files named as: error_abc.txt error_def.txt error_ghi.txt I want to concatenate all these into a single file say error_all.txt. The error_all.txt should be displayed like: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File concatenation

awk '{$2=$2":"$8"-"$3;$3=$NF;$4=$NF="";print $0 | $10=$10":"$8"-"$18;$11=$NF;$12=$NF="";print $0 }' design.txt Trying to concatenate specific fields in a spreadsheet and the others remain unchanged. I attached an excel spreadsheet (all the data comes from a design.txt), but I put an example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Concatenation/Joining of lines in a dynamically generated file

Hi, I have a file containing many records delimited by pipe (|). Each record should contain 17 columnns/fields. there are some fields having fields less than 17.So i am extracting those records to a file using the below command awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"} NF !=17 {print}' feedfile.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concatenation of multiple files based on file pattern

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies
Test::CheckManifest(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Test::CheckManifest(3pm)

NAME
Test::CheckManifest - Check if your Manifest matches your distro VERSION
version 1.25 SYNOPSIS
use Test::CheckManifest; ok_manifest(); DESCRIPTION
"Test::CheckManifest" EXPORT There is only one method exported: "ok_manifest" METHODS
ok_manifest [{exclude => $arref}][$msg] checks whether the Manifest file matches the distro or not. To match a distro the Manifest has to name all files that come along with the distribution. To check the Manifest file, this module searches for a file named "MANIFEST". To exclude some directories from this test, you can specify these dirs in the hashref. ok_manifest({exclude => ['/var/test/']}); is ok if the files in "/path/to/your/dist/var/test/" are not named in the "MANIFEST" file. That means that the paths in the exclude array must be "pseudo-absolute" (absolute to your distribution). To use a "filter" you can use the key "filter" ok_manifest({filter => [qr/.svn/]}); With that you can exclude all files with an '.svn' in the filename or in the path from the test. These files would be excluded (as examples): o /dist/var/.svn/test o /dist/lib/test.svn You can also combine "filter" and "exclude" with 'and' or 'or' default is 'or': ok_manifest({exclude => ['/var/test'], filter => [qr/.svn/], bool => 'and'}); These files have to be named in the "MANIFEST": o /var/foo/.svn/any.file o /dist/t/file.svn o /var/test/test.txt These files not: o /var/test/.svn/* o /var/test/file.svn EXCLUDING FILES
Beside "filter" and "exclude" there is another way to exclude files: "MANIFEST.SKIP". This is a file with filenames that should be excluded: t/my_very_own.t file_to.skip ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Great thanks to Christopher H. Laco, who did a lot of testing stuff for me and he reported some bugs to RT. AUTHOR
Renee Baecker, <module@renee-baecker.de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 - 2011 by Renee Baecker This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Artistic License 2.0 AUTHOR
Renee Baecker <module@renee-baecker.de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2011 by Renee Baecker. This is free software, licensed under: The Artistic License 2.0 (GPL Compatible) perl v5.14.2 2012-01-31 Test::CheckManifest(3pm)