Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ps: 65535 is an invalid non-numeric argument for -p option Post 302096413 by gogogo on Wednesday 15th of November 2006 12:14:34 PM
Old 11-15-2006
ps: 65535 is an invalid non-numeric argument for -p option

I want to figure out what is the reason of error message I have in Solaris 10. Why Solaris 10 dosn't recognize 65535?

ps: 65535 is an invalid non-numeric argument for -p option

usage: ps [ -aAdeflcjLPyZ ] [ -o format ] [ -t termlist ]

[ -u userlist ] [ -U userlist ] [ -G grouplist ]

[ -p proclist ] [ -g pgrplist ] [ -s sidlist ] [ -z zonelist ]

'format' is one or more of:

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty: : Invalid argument

Hello Everyone; I have a script that is throwing the following message: stty: : Invalid argument The line that gives the message is the following, sailormoon$ scp home/voice.xml newwave@silvermoon:/newwave/config/radius stty: : Invalid argument voice.xml | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony3101
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

non-numeric argument

quick question, I am trying to run this simple equation expr 2048 / 2.354 but get a "expr: non-numeric argument" error when ever its run. I believe it may be caused by the decimal point but I do not know how to remedy it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiredOrangeCat
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

msgrcv : Invalid argument

Hi All, Please guide me how to get rid : msgrcv : Invalid argument. I am using message queues: msgsnd and msgrcv, I am able to send through msgsnd and receive through msgrcv, but at times i get the belo error. msgrcv : Invalid argument. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: answers
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Invalid Argument and glassfish

I tried to install glassfish on Solaris 10 and it worked fine on other instances. I got the below message bash-3.00# ./sjsas-9_1_01-solaris-sparc.bin -console bash: ./sjsas-9_1_01-solaris-sparc.bin: Invalid argument I logged on as root and the file has execute permission. So strange. Do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andrew2008
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

sendto invalid argument

Hi I lost a lot of time in understanding the message "sendto Invalid argument" when I execute the following code. This code is a simple UDP sender improved with some reliability feature. My goal is to send a file. I've reported only the code which may be useful. Can anyone help me? Thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

First argument is numeric or not

Hi everyone, I want my script to check if the first argument has only numbers or not. Im not sure what im doing wrong. This is how it looks like: if *") ] then echo 'The first arguement should only be in numeric' 1>&2 exit 1 else exit 0 fi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkhider
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

invalid argument in semctl()

When I am using the function semctl() it is giving me error as the INVALID ARGUMENT. Can any body give me the possible reasons??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asimibm
2 Replies

9. Programming

SIOCSARP: Invalid Argument.

Hello everybody, I've been programming an alternative to linux's standard 'arp' program. I can delete arp entries (SIOCDARP), get arp entries (SIOCGARP), but i'm having troubles setting entries with ioctl. I can't set any PERM, USETRAILERS, or COM address. It only adds PUB entries and i don't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

top -l 1 invalid option.

Hi, I am using below command to get the High CPU Utilization. top -l 1| awk ‘/CPU usage/ {print $12, $13}’ I am getting below error. ksh: 1: parameter not set top: illegal option -- l Usage: top Usage: awk ... Could you please suggest the appropriate solution. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahab
3 Replies
USERLIST(8)						      Finger-type Userlisting						       USERLIST(8)

NAME
userlist - Userlisting of who's on your system. SYNOPSIS
userlist DESCRIPTION
This program simply gives you a listing of who is connected to your system. It is used primarily in the sorted listing of cfingerd, which utilitizes the same method of display for a more uniform output between systems. (It also made more sense to do it this way instead of having jumbled up display listings in sorted finger displays. Besides, it made more sense to do this than use finger. :) This program functions with the same types of things in mind that cfingerd does. If the user has a .nofinger file, their username will not be displayed in the userlisting. Example output is shown as: Username Real Name Idletime TTY Remote console username I'm real ... 9d 23:59 0 (remote.site.com) where it would display the user's login name, the user's real name, their idle time given in the format "dd hh:mm", their TTY, and their remote location (or where they're telnetting from). If the username is over 8 characters, the program will not search for their information in the passwd file, since it may be too long. Besides, it checks getpwnam, anyway. :) OPTIONS
-c Give standard CFINGERD (custom) output. -n List only people idle less than one day. ADDITIONAL
Although userlist is not required to run as suid root, it is a good idea. The reason is it checks each users' directory for a .nofinger file. If indeed that user has a .nofinger file in his/her directory, that user will not be shown in the userlisting. If you change the program to run as nobody.nobody, you are free to do so. But you will also show the users if they are online, regardless of whether or not they have a ".nofinger" file (as long as their directory is NOT world-readable.) CONTACTING
If you like this program, have any suggestions on how it could be modified, or have bug reports, please write to: khollis@bitgate.com. Your continued Public Domain support is appreciated! Thanks. SEE ALSO
cfingerd.conf(5), cfingerd(8), finger(1). cfingerd 1.4.2 29 August 1999 USERLIST(8)