Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: equivalent to utime
Top Forums Programming equivalent to utime Post 302096355 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 15th of November 2006 07:02:50 AM
Old 11-15-2006
Depending on the OS, there is utime() and utimes(), sometimes both - like Linux.

You can also use the touch utility from the command line to change filetimes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Utime Command

Hello ! Do you have any example of the utime command ? I'm trying to change the time of last change of a file to a defined time. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: margue
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot utime: Operation not permitted

Hi - I have a script (.ksh) which has been transferred from one Linux box to another. Basically it untars a file a deploys the code to the relevent directories. It is failing with ' Cannot utime: Operation not permitted' When I run the command by hand it *is* doing the untar to the directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

hp-ux mksysb equivalent

Hi Guys, Does hp-ux has mksysb equivalent with aix? Or something similar that you can save the system config. Or you just backup the boot image, that's it. Thanks in advance, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps ax equivalent in solaris

I am using "ps ax" command in one of my scripts . AIX has x flag for ps . is there any equilent command for ps ax in solaris ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

pwdx equivalent on HP

In sun solaris, pwdx will give the print working directory. Suppose I have 5 databases running on different oracle versions. If I want to know what database is running on what oracle version, I just give pwdx <process id>. It will show the oracle home details. Could you give me the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracleuser
10 Replies

6. HP-UX

lsof equivalent in HP-UX

I need lsof equivalent in HP-UX. I do not want to add lsof utility separately. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zgrep equivalent-

Hi guys I cant use zgrep on a SunOS Do you know any alternative for it? i need to use zgrep -c grep works fine but zgrep is not supported (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
4 Replies

8. Linux

Linux equivalent for...

I moved to a Linux system from Windows a few months ago. Most of the programs I had been using were already native to Linux (Firefox, the GIMP, Pari, etc.) and most others I found a close enough program (Crimson Editor -> gedit, Visual Studio -> KDevelop, Primo -> Morain's ECPP). Now I'm down... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need perl equivalent

Dear All, Good day, can any of you help me in the following problem: I need to find the perl equivalent for the following commandline grep characters |awk '{print \$2}'Expecting your reply and thanks in advance. Warm regards Fredrick. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
4 Replies

10. Programming

utime returning -1 BAD File DEscriptor

Hi All, First of all thanks for reading this post. In my application, I am trying to create a new message queue . I am attaching the code below. mqd_t mqopen2(const char * pName, unsigned long Flags, long maxMsg, long msgSz) {... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: parusasi
15 Replies
explain_utime_or_die(3) 				     Library Functions Manual					   explain_utime_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_utime_or_die - change file times and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/utime.h> void explain_utime_or_die(const char *pathname, const struct utimbuf *times); DESCRIPTION
The explain_utime_or_die function is used to call the utime(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from explain_utime(3), and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: explain_utime_or_die(pathname, times); pathname The pathname, exactly as to be passed to the utime(2) system call. times The times, exactly as to be passed to the utime(2) system call. Returns: This function only returns on success. On failure, prints an explanation and exits. SEE ALSO
utime(2) change file last access and modification times explain_utime(3) explain utime(2) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller explain_utime_or_die(3)