Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to execute multi command??? Post 302096303 by aliG4 on Wednesday 15th of November 2006 12:38:30 AM
Old 11-15-2006
Thanks a lot man..

It's help a lot..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to build a command into a string rather than execute the command

I'm trying to populate a command line into a variable. It appears to be executing, instead. Here's an example: mycmd='' if ...; then $mycmd='sudo ' fi $mycmd=$mycmd 'sed -i prev s/aaa/bbb/' $myfile res=`$mycmd` (I'm also not sure of the best way to execute the command from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littlejon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Line 'While Read' command issue when using sh -c

Hi, I'm trying to run the following command using sh -c ie sh -c "while read EachLine do rm -f $EachLine ; done < file_list.lst;" It doesn't seem to do anything. When I run this at the command line, it does remove the files contained in the list so i know the command works ie... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispward
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi thread awk command for faster performance

Hi, I have a script below for extracting xml from a file. for i in *.txt do echo $i awk '/<.*/ , /.*<\/.*>/' "$i" | tr -d '\n' echo -ne '\n' done . I read about using multi threading to speed up the script. I do not know much about it but read it on this forum. Is it a... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to use dsadm command to run command on multi lpars?

how to run a command, such as "ls -l core" from one lpar to check multi lpars if core file exist? or what way can do a command on all lpars from one lpar? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a command on each line of output from another command?

Hello :) new to bash not to programming. I have an on-going need to change the owning group on sets of files and directories from the one they were created with or changed to on update to the one they need to have going forward. find {target_root} -group wrong_group gets me a newline... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naftali
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a multi-line shell command output and execute logic based on result

The following is a multi-line shell command example: $cargo build Compiling prawn v0.1.0 (/Users/ag/rust/prawn) error: failed to resolve: could not find `setup_panix` in `human_panic` --> src/main.rs:14:22 | 14 | human_panic::setup_panix!(); | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi
2 Replies
fileutil::multi(3tcl)						  file utilities					     fileutil::multi(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
fileutil::multi - Multi-file operation, scatter/gather, standard object SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require fileutil::multi ?0.1? package require fileutil::multi::op ?0.1? package require wip ?1.0? ::fileutil::multi ?word...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a single command to perform actions on multiple files selected by glob patterns. It is a thin layer over the package fileutil::multi::op which provides objects for the same. This package simply creates a single such object and directs all file commands to it. At the core is a domain specific language allowing the easy specification of multi-file copy and/or move and/or deletion operations. Alter- nate names would be scatter/gather processor, or maybe even assembler. For the detailed specification of this language, and examples, please see the documention for the package fileutil::multi::op. PUBLIC API
The main command of the package is: ::fileutil::multi ?word...? This command interprets the specified words as file commands to execute. See the section FILE API of the documentation for the pack- age fileutil::multi::op for the set of acceptable commands, their syntax, and semantics. The result of the command is the result generated by the last file command it executed. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category fileutil of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
copy, file utilities, move, multi-file, remove CATEGORY
Programming tools fileutil 0.1 fileutil::multi(3tcl)