Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regarding net
Top Forums Programming regarding net Post 302096300 by phani_sree on Wednesday 15th of November 2006 12:16:30 AM
Old 11-15-2006
thank u

i want find this connection using c program.
i tried this
int p;
p=popen("ping google.com -c 1","r");
pclose(p);
after completion of this how can i get the data from the shell so tht i can find whther net is connected or not

Last edited by phani_sree; 11-15-2006 at 03:03 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Getting on the net

I've been having trouble getting my old gateway computer on the net with solaris. All of the network stuff is built into the motherboard. Is there a way that I can get it recognized? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: possuman72
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/rc.d/net - eth1

I just installed Crux on my laptop, which means I'll have to configure /etc/rc.d/net to adapt to my wireless internet. When I ran Linux before, I connected through eth1. How should I configure the /etc/rc.d/net file accordingly? Thanks for reading, Octal. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSLeay or Net::FTPSSL

Hello, I ran into an issue in one of my monitoring scripts. If I use the public ip address in my connection string everything works, but if I switch the connection string ip to 127.0.0.1 or the internal ip I get, " Connection refused at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Styles
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

net help with getopts

Hi I have written the following script. But the variable sid is not getting set why is that. When i run the script i get the output as ORATAB FOR is Instead if i run the script like test.sh xiamin i am expecting the output as ORATAB FOR xiamin is #!/bin/ksh while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use one net card of two

I have two server with 2 net cards each one: Server 1 A = 100 Mbs B = 1000Mbs (Gigabit) Server 2 A = 100 Mbs B = 1000Mbs (Gigabit) In A i ' am conected to the public network ( In both servers) and in B i make a point to point lan 1 gigabit of speed. Between the servers ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Net Neutrality

Hi, Just wanted to know your opinion on this What you need to know about the court decision that just struck down net neutrality — Tech News and Analysis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ni2
1 Replies
RDS-PING(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       RDS-PING(1)

NAME
rds-ping -- test reachability of remote node over RDS SYNOPSIS
rds-ping [-c count] [-i interval] [-I local_addr] remote_addr DESCRIPTION
rds-ping is used to test whether a remote node is reachable over RDS. Its interface is designed to operate pretty much the standard ping(8) utility, even though the way it works is pretty different. rds-ping opens several RDS sockets and sends packets to port 0 on the indicated host. This is a special port number to which no socket is bound; instead, the kernel processes incoming packets and responds to them. OPTIONS
The following options are available for use on the command line: -c count Causes rds-ping to exit after sending (and receiving) the specified number of packets. -I address By default, rds-ping will pick the local source address for the RDS socket based on routing information for the destination address (i.e. if packets to the given destination would be routed through interface ib0, then it will use the IP address of ib0 as source address). Using the -I option, you can override this choice. -i timeout By default, rds-ping will wait for one second between sending packets. Use this option to specified a different interval. The timeout value is given in seconds, and can be a floating point number. Optionally, append msec or usec to specify a timeout in milliseconds or microseconds, respectively. Specifying a timeout considerably smaller than the packet round-trip time will produce unexpected results. AUTHORS
rds-ping was written by Olaf Kirch <olaf.kirch@oracle.com>. SEE ALSO
rds(7), rds-info(1), rds-stress(1). BSD
Apr 22, 2008 BSD