Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regarding net
Top Forums Programming regarding net Post 302096298 by arunkumar_mca on Wednesday 15th of November 2006 12:01:17 AM
Old 11-15-2006
Just ping a remote ip address and the you can find out is connected or not

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Getting on the net

I've been having trouble getting my old gateway computer on the net with solaris. All of the network stuff is built into the motherboard. Is there a way that I can get it recognized? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: possuman72
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/rc.d/net - eth1

I just installed Crux on my laptop, which means I'll have to configure /etc/rc.d/net to adapt to my wireless internet. When I ran Linux before, I connected through eth1. How should I configure the /etc/rc.d/net file accordingly? Thanks for reading, Octal. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSLeay or Net::FTPSSL

Hello, I ran into an issue in one of my monitoring scripts. If I use the public ip address in my connection string everything works, but if I switch the connection string ip to 127.0.0.1 or the internal ip I get, " Connection refused at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Styles
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

net help with getopts

Hi I have written the following script. But the variable sid is not getting set why is that. When i run the script i get the output as ORATAB FOR is Instead if i run the script like test.sh xiamin i am expecting the output as ORATAB FOR xiamin is #!/bin/ksh while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use one net card of two

I have two server with 2 net cards each one: Server 1 A = 100 Mbs B = 1000Mbs (Gigabit) Server 2 A = 100 Mbs B = 1000Mbs (Gigabit) In A i ' am conected to the public network ( In both servers) and in B i make a point to point lan 1 gigabit of speed. Between the servers ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Net Neutrality

Hi, Just wanted to know your opinion on this What you need to know about the court decision that just struck down net neutrality — Tech News and Analysis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ni2
1 Replies
asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)

NAME
jms-ping - checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running SYNOPSIS
jms-ping --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=false] Checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using jms-ping asadmin> jms-ping --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 JMS Ping Status=RUNNING EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-delete-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-list-jmsdest(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)