Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming deleting a file name by its handle Post 302096297 by arunkumar_mca on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 11:59:25 PM
Old 11-15-2006
Thanks all for your answer .

As i saw jim told in delete function it takes argument as filename. But i want to know whether it is possible to get the filehandle as argument and then by using it get the file name and delete the file. Since in design i am having the control of filehandle only . Please let me know.

Thanks Again,
Arun Kumar.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS file handle

How can I kill mount connection(NFS , made by automount) if remote filesystem is down? I tried: fuser -ku /auto /auto: umount /auto nfs umount: ERROR: /auto is busy If I try cd /auto - I get - /auto: Stale remote file handle. I know that reboot will help but I cannot reboot this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazimir
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stale NFS file handle

Hi, I get an error saying "Stale NFS file handle" how can I solve this? Is it possible to do this with a umount/ mount command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Stale NFS file handle

There are a filesystem /GWD/appbase/projects/GRIDDB Under this filesystem there is a directory called backup. But When I am trying to access the backup directory ,it is showing me the following error: # cd /GWD/appbase/projects/GRIDDB # cd backup -bash: cd: backup: Stale NFS file handle ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle multiple rows in a file

I have a FILE a.txt which has the following data 113901.94,113901.94,56950.97,56950.97,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 10693.04,10693.04,5346.52,5346.52,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 1901.94,1901.94,550.97,550.97,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING 103.04,103.04,53.52,53.52,NOT MATCHING,NOT MATCHING #### This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
2 Replies

5. Linux

NFS file handle question

Hello All, I have a small question regarding the NFS file handles. Suppose I have a NFS client who has requested for a particular file from the NFS server.Now lets assume that I am using a NFS v2 server. So I get the filehandle for that file and I can use it. Suppose later I upgrade the server to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathamesh
0 Replies

6. AIX

how to handle potential file contention

I need to change how a posting procedure currently works in order to improve load balancing but I am hitting a potential file contention problem that I was wondering if someone here could assist me with... In a directory called FilePool I would have a bunch of files that are constantly coming in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: philplasma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

handle file by month

Hi, I want to write a shell script which handle an oracle alert log so that when it changes month, the script generates a new file with month in the filename. Thanks in advance. Leim (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leim
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to decode nfs file handle in HP-UX?

Hi Experts, Any idea how to decode file handle in HP-UX? I am getting the following error continously in my HP-UX 11.31 box :mad: Apr 26 07:15:00 host62 su: + tty?? root-bb Apr 26 07:15:00 host62 su: + tty?? root-abcadm Apr 26 07:15:01 host62 vmunix: NFS write error on host peq9vs:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinable
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t

This question might be silly but its confusing me a bit: What is the difference between handle to the thread HANDLE and thread identifier pthread_t? ---------- Post updated at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:48 PM ---------- Sorry I saw details and HANDLE is in windows and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedOpen(3pUser Contributed Perl DocumentatPerl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedOpen(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedOpen - Write "my $error = open $fh, $mode, $filename;" instead of "open $fh, $mode, $filename;". AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
The perl builtin I/O function "open" returns a false value on failure. That value should always be checked to ensure that the open was successful. my $error = open( $filehandle, $mode, $filename ); # ok open( $filehandle, $mode, $filename ) or die "unable to open: $!"; # ok open( $filehandle, $mode, $filename ); # not ok use autodie; open $filehandle, $mode, $filename; # ok You can use autodie, Fatal, or Fatal::Exception to get around this. Currently, autodie is not properly treated as a pragma; its lexical effects aren't taken into account. CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. AUTHOR
Andrew Moore <amoore@mooresystems.com> ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
This policy module is based heavily on policies written by Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Andrew Moore. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedOpen(3pm)