Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script doesn't work, but commands inside work Post 302096287 by cheongww on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 09:52:28 PM
Old 11-14-2006
MySQL Thank You!!!

Smilie Thanks vino. I replaced the relative path with absolute path and it works!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script doesn't work in another distribution

Hi everybody: I usually use Mandriva distro (in my laptop), and I have made some scripts. These scripts work correctly but now, in other computer which is installed Ubuntu don't work, and I have this error message: The script is: ..... echo "Your option is:" echo read option case... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

gcd.sh script doesn't work...

Hi there. I'm new to scripting in bash shell and I have this problem. I'm trying to make a script that returns the greatest common divisor of two integer numbers according to Euclid's algorithm... Here is, what I've done: #!/bin/bash m=$1 n=$2 while do if ; #line 8 then m=$m-$n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kantze
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script.. it Just doesn't work

Hello,, Im verry new to scripting and have some problems with this script i made.. What it does: It checks a directory for a new directory and then issues a couple of commands. checks sfv - not doing right now checks rar - it checks if theres a rar file and when there is it skips to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

two grep in one script doesn't work?

Hi there, the following script doesn't work. the first part works, then the second 'grep' fails with ': not found'. However, if I take out the second part (starting with the grep command) and put in a seperate script, it works. everyone know what's wrong here? no two 'grep' in one script, that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkey77
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

my script doesn't work :(

i have this script and when i ejecute it, the console tell me this " sintax error line 41 unexpected element "}" " is the sintaxis ok? #!/bin/bash if ;then { exit 0; } if ; then { sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start; sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start; php5 & nautilus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keiserx
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work

I am writing perl script to configure Cisco device but Variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work and passed to device without resolving. Please advise. here is a sample of script: use Net::Telnet::Cisco; $device = "10.14.199.1"; ($o1, $o2, $o3, $o4) = split(/\./,$device);... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -exec with 2 commands doesn't work (error incomplete staement)

Hi Gurues, I need to modify an existing script that uses find to search a folder, and then move its contents to a folder. What I need to do is run gzip on each file after it's moved. So, I ran this little test: Put a ls.tar file on my $HOME, mkdir tmp, and then: virtuo@tnpmprd01: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: llagos
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Script doesn't work..help?

hi, i am trying to run this script.the name of script is final.sh after i run it: #./final.sh & i grep the command # ps -a | grep bash and i see more then one processes runing 3!! Please use code tags how can i solve this problem? my target script must always run in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user inside a shell script doesn't seem to work

Linux version : Oracle Linux 6.4 Shell : Bash The following script will be run as root. During the execution, it should switch to oracle user and execute few commands. After googling and searching within unix.com , I came up with the following syntax ## Enclosing all commands in double... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Saltstack commands inside bash scripts donā€™t work

In a Redhat Linux environment, I could run salt commands on the $ prompt but not inside my bash scripts. It will say command not found and the $PATH variable is exactly the same outside and inside the script. !#/usr/bin/bash echo “running”¯ salt "*" cmd.run ‘ls' exit Output:-... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurudewa
8 Replies
CONNECTAT(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						      CONNECTAT(2)

NAME
connectat -- initiate a connection on a socket LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <fcntl.h> int connectat(int fd, int s, const struct sockaddr *name, socklen_t namelen); DESCRIPTION
The connectat() system call initiates a connection on a socket. It works just like the connect(2) system call with two exceptions: 1. It is limited to sockets in the PF_LOCAL domain. 2. If the file path stored in the sun_path field of the sockaddr_un structure is a relative path, it is located relative to the directory associated with the file descriptor fd. If connectat() is passed the special value AT_FDCWD in the fd parameter, the current working directory is used and the behavior is identical to a call to connect(2). RETURN VALUES
The connectat() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indi- cate the error. ERRORS
The connectat() system call may fail with the same errors as the connect(2) system call for a UNIX domain socket or with the following errors: [EBADF] The sun_path field does not specify an absolute path and the fd argument is neither AT_FDCWD nor a valid file descriptor. [ENOTDIR] The sun_path field is not an absolute path and fd is neither AT_FDCWD nor a file descriptor associated with a directory. SEE ALSO
bindat(2), connect(2), socket(2), unix(4) AUTHORS
The connectat was developed by Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pawel@dawidek.net> under sponsorship from the FreeBSD Foundation. BSD
February 13, 2013 BSD