Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script doesn't work, but commands inside work Post 302096287 by cheongww on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 09:52:28 PM
Old 11-14-2006
MySQL Thank You!!!

Smilie Thanks vino. I replaced the relative path with absolute path and it works!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script doesn't work in another distribution

Hi everybody: I usually use Mandriva distro (in my laptop), and I have made some scripts. These scripts work correctly but now, in other computer which is installed Ubuntu don't work, and I have this error message: The script is: ..... echo "Your option is:" echo read option case... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

gcd.sh script doesn't work...

Hi there. I'm new to scripting in bash shell and I have this problem. I'm trying to make a script that returns the greatest common divisor of two integer numbers according to Euclid's algorithm... Here is, what I've done: #!/bin/bash m=$1 n=$2 while do if ; #line 8 then m=$m-$n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kantze
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script.. it Just doesn't work

Hello,, Im verry new to scripting and have some problems with this script i made.. What it does: It checks a directory for a new directory and then issues a couple of commands. checks sfv - not doing right now checks rar - it checks if theres a rar file and when there is it skips to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

two grep in one script doesn't work?

Hi there, the following script doesn't work. the first part works, then the second 'grep' fails with ': not found'. However, if I take out the second part (starting with the grep command) and put in a seperate script, it works. everyone know what's wrong here? no two 'grep' in one script, that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkey77
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

my script doesn't work :(

i have this script and when i ejecute it, the console tell me this " sintax error line 41 unexpected element "}" " is the sintaxis ok? #!/bin/bash if ;then { exit 0; } if ; then { sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start; sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start; php5 & nautilus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keiserx
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work

I am writing perl script to configure Cisco device but Variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work and passed to device without resolving. Please advise. here is a sample of script: use Net::Telnet::Cisco; $device = "10.14.199.1"; ($o1, $o2, $o3, $o4) = split(/\./,$device);... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -exec with 2 commands doesn't work (error incomplete staement)

Hi Gurues, I need to modify an existing script that uses find to search a folder, and then move its contents to a folder. What I need to do is run gzip on each file after it's moved. So, I ran this little test: Put a ls.tar file on my $HOME, mkdir tmp, and then: virtuo@tnpmprd01: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: llagos
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Script doesn't work..help?

hi, i am trying to run this script.the name of script is final.sh after i run it: #./final.sh & i grep the command # ps -a | grep bash and i see more then one processes runing 3!! Please use code tags how can i solve this problem? my target script must always run in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigizag
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user inside a shell script doesn't seem to work

Linux version : Oracle Linux 6.4 Shell : Bash The following script will be run as root. During the execution, it should switch to oracle user and execute few commands. After googling and searching within unix.com , I came up with the following syntax ## Enclosing all commands in double... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Saltstack commands inside bash scripts donā€™t work

In a Redhat Linux environment, I could run salt commands on the $ prompt but not inside my bash scripts. It will say command not found and the $PATH variable is exactly the same outside and inside the script. !#/usr/bin/bash echo “running”¯ salt "*" cmd.run ‘ls' exit Output:-... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurudewa
8 Replies
LaTeXML::Util::Pathname(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      LaTeXML::Util::Pathname(3pm)

NAME
"LaTeXML::Util::Pathname" - portable pathname and file-system utilities DESCRIPTION
This module combines the functionality File::Spec and File::Basename to give a consistent set of filename utilties for LaTeXML. A pathname is represented by a simple string. Pathname Manipulations "$path = pathname_make(%peices);" Constructs a pathname from the keywords in pieces dir : directory name : the filename (possibly with extension) type : the filename extension "($dir,$name,$type) = pathname_split($path);" Splits the pathname $path into the components: directory, name and type. "$path = pathname_canonical($path);" Canonicallizes the pathname $path by simplifying repeated slashes, dots representing the current or parent directory, etc. "$dir = pathname_directory($path);" Returns the directory component of the pathname $path. "$name = pathname_name($path);" Returns the name component of the pathname $path. "$type = pathname_type($path);" Returns the type component of the pathname $path. "$path = pathname_concat($dir,$file);" Returns the pathname resulting from concatenating the directory $dir and filename $file. "$boole = pathname_is_absolute($path);" Returns whether the pathname $path appears to be an absolute pathname. "$path = pathname_relative($path,$base);" Returns the path to file $path relative to the directory $base. "$path = pathname_absolute($path,$base);" Returns the absolute pathname resulting from interpretting $path relative to the directory $base. If $path is already absolute, it is returned unchanged. File System Operations "$modtime = pathname_timestamp($path);" Returns the modification time of the file named by $path, or undef if the file does not exist. "$path = pathname_cwd();" Returns the current working directory. "$dir = pathname_mkdir($dir);" Creates the directory $dir and all missing ancestors. It returns $dir if successful, else undef. "$dest = pathname_copy($source,$dest);" Copies the file $source to $dest if needed; ie. if $dest is missing or older than $source. It preserves the timestamp of $source. "$path = pathname_find($name,%options);" Finds the first file named $name that exists and that matches the specification in the keywords %options. An absolute pathname is returned. If $name is not already an absolute pathname, then the option "paths" determines directories to recursively search. It should be a list of pathnames, any relative paths are interpreted relative to the current directory. If "paths" is omitted, then the current directory is searched. If the option "installation_subdir" is given, it indicates, in addition to the above, a directory relative to the LaTeXML installation directory to search. This allows files included with the distribution to be found. The "types" option specifies a list of filetypes to search for. If not supplied, then the filename must match exactly. "@paths = pathname_findall($name,%options);" Like "pathname_find", but returns all matching paths that exist. AUTHOR
Bruce Miller <bruce.miller@nist.gov> COPYRIGHT
Public domain software, produced as part of work done by the United States Government & not subject to copyright in the US. perl v5.10.1 2009-06-11 LaTeXML::Util::Pathname(3pm)