Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to loop around folders Post 302096158 by grinder182533 on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 07:46:28 AM
Old 11-14-2006
Smilie many thanks aigles

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help modifying script to loop through all folders

I have this script someone very kindly help me write last year which loops through all files in a folder and does a command. I need to modify it to loop through all sub-folders of a main folder and only perform the command on files modified after Jan 1st 2008. And I need the command to place the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Moving folders with script

Hi All, I am new to Forums, as i am struggling for one script i am launched here. I need to move more than 60,000+ folders in 1,00,000 folders to another server. I have the list of folders which should be moved. can anybody help me in sharing with the script for the above requirement. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimakiran
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through folders and open them

Well the title says it all. I need a loop script that directs to a folder and opens a bash file. I just found out about loop files the other day and yeah, dont know if that can be done. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoopy817
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop folders, delete files, copy new ones

Folks, I am hopeful that you may be able to help me out with writing a script that can be run nightly (as cron?) to loop through all subfolders within the "/media" directory, delete all of the files in each of them, and then copy in all of the files from the "/home//sansa" directory to each of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acraig
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some manipulations with files and folders. (loop, find, create and remove)

Hello! I need to realize such task. 1. In my user's home dir I have folder1; 2. In folder1 I have some (various count) subfolders with random names; 3. In these subfolders I have one file anyname.pdf (various name in each subfolder) and file content.txt (constant name in each subfolder) ##... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: optik77
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to loop command over folders in a directory?

Hello all, I'm fairly new to scripting so please bear with me. I will try to explain as best as I can but if there's anything that is not clear, please let me know. I have a directory (see below) with numerous folders and within each of those folders are various files. I would like to run a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: azurite
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash directory loop, but only choose those folders with specific word in it

Hello, how in bash i can get directory loop, but only choose those folders with specific word in it, so it will only echo those with specific word #!/bin/bash for filename in /home/test/* do if ; then echo $filename; fithx! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Loop through the folders and search for particular string in files

Hello, Opearting System Environment : HP Unix B.11.31 U I look for script to On specific folders list On specific filelist Search for given string For Example : r48_buildlib.txt contains wpr480.0_20161027 wpr480.0_20161114 wpr481.0_20161208 wpr482.0_20161222... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to loop through folders and execute an existing python script.

I am trying to loop through lots and lots of folders and use the names of the folders to run a Python script which has parameters. E.g. -- setup_refs -n John -f England/London/Hackney/John -c con/con.cnf Normally to run `setup_refs` once from command line it's: `python setup_refs.py -n John... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Keystrokes
3 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)