Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Zero bye file not deleting
Top Forums Programming Zero bye file not deleting Post 302096092 by blowtorch on Tuesday 14th of November 2006 01:05:41 AM
Old 11-14-2006
Do you know the filename that the error is being thrown for? If you do, just run the command:
Code:
fuser -fu "full_path_to_filename"

This will show you the pid for any process has that file open. If you do get the pid, check for that using the 'ps' command and find if you can terminate that process. The file should get deleted after you kill the process.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines inside a file without opening the file

Hi, Just consider there are around 10 lines in a file. Now is it possible to delete the first 2 lines in the file without opening the file. No matter whatever the content of the file is, I just wanna delete the first 2 lines without opening the file. Is that possible? If so, please help me out.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If Else Statement, Goodnight/bye

I'm working on a script that will send me an email everytime I log out. I've got that down, and now I'm trying to put in an if else statement. Right now, it says "Goodbye $USER" but I'd really like it to say Have a Great Day if it's before 4pm and Have a Good Night if it's after 4pm. So far, I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbowers
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a pattern in UNIX without deleting the entire line

Hi I have a file: r58778.3|SOURCES={KEY=f665931a...,fw,221-705}|ERRORS={16_1:T,30_1:T,56_1:C,57_1:T,59_1:A,101_1:A,115:-,158_1:C,186_1:A,204:-,271_1:T,305:-,350_1:C,368_1:G,442_1:C,472_1:G,477_1:A}|SOURCE_1="Contig_1092402550638"(f665931a359e36cea0976db191ff60ff09cc816e) I want to retain... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alyaa
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between exit, bye and quit in sftp

Hi All, I would like to know whether is there any difference in closing the sftp connection with exit, bye and quit. And would like to know the reliable command. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting file basing on the timestamp substring in the file name

Hello, I have in my backup folder, files with names convention like this : randomFileNames_13-02-2014_23h13m09+1392333189 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_02h13m09+1392343989 randomFileNames_14-02-2014_04h13m09+1392351189 etc.... Base on timestamp at end of the filename, I would to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thuyetti
7 Replies
SoDebug(3)							       Coin								SoDebug(3)

NAME
SoDebug - SYNOPSIS
#include <SoDebug.h> Static Public Member Functions static const char * GetEnv (const char *var) static void RTPrintf (const char *formatstr,...) static void NamePtr (const char *name, void *ptr) static const char * PtrName (void *ptr) static void write (SoNode *node) static void writeToFile (SoNode *node, const char *filename) static void writeField (SoField *field) static void printName (SoBase *base) Detailed Description The SoDebug class is a small collection of debugging-related functions. Member Function Documentation const char * SoDebug::GetEnv (const char *var) [static] This is a portable getenv-wrapper. See also: coin_getenv() void SoDebug::RTPrintf (const char *formatstr, ...) [static] Real-time printf designed for use when use of standard printf() would cause timing problems. NOT IMPLEMENTED. Currently it just forwards to printf(). void SoDebug::NamePtr (const char *name, void *ptr) [static] Associate a name with an arbitrary pointer. You can fetch the name of the pointer later with PtrName(). See also: PtrName() const char * SoDebug::PtrName (void *ptr) [static] Returns the name set on a pointer with NamePtr(). If no name has been set, '<unnamed>' is returned. See also: NamePtr() void SoDebug::write (SoNode *node) [static] Writes the node to stdout. void SoDebug::writeToFile (SoNode *node, const char *filename) [static] Writes the node to the given filename, or /tmp/debug.iv if filename is NULL. void SoDebug::writeField (SoField *field) [static] Not implemented. void SoDebug::printName (SoBase *base) [static] Not implemented. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 SoDebug(3)