Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting Lines from .CSV Files Post 302096048 by aigles on Monday 13th of November 2006 02:30:01 PM
Old 11-13-2006
Why opening a new thread ?

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting a varying amount of lines from a list of files

I did search the posts for info on this and while there were some in the ballpark, none addressed this specifically. (also I tried to post this once it said I was logged out, so hopefully I'm not sending a duplicate here). I have a set of files (250 +/-) where I need to delete the first "$x"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benair
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Lines from .csv file

Hello All, I have a .csv file and I have to delete the selcted records stored in a vairable e.g echo $lname 7 88 91 94 97 100 103 106 I dont know how to pass the variable name to "sed" for deleting the $lname from a file can any one help as this is very urgent. $lname is changing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 009satya
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines from multiple text files

I have a directory full of text data files. Unfortunately I need to get rid of the 7th and 8th line from them all so that I can input them into a GIS application. I've used an awk script to do one at a time but due to the sheer number of files I need some kind of loop mechanism to automate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting specific lines from all files in a directory

I have a directory full of text data files. Unfortunately I need to get rid of the 7th and 8th line from them all so that I can input them into a GIS application. I've used an awk script to do one at a time but due to the sheer number of files I need some kind of loop mechanism to automate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting lines from a delimited files based on a 2nd file

I need a little help... I have a file with 3 fields, Time/Date, IP address, UniqueID I have a 2nd file of UniqueIDs. I want to either (which ever is easier): 1. delete entries in file 1 that have a UniqueID in file 2 2. create a new file with the fields from File 1, excluding the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldie363
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching lines across multiple csv files and merging a particular field

I have about 20 CSV's that all look like this: "","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""What I've been told I need to produce is the exact same thing, but with each file now containing the start_code from every other file where the email matches. It doesn't matter if any of the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Demosthenes
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a csv file into specified number of files (not lines)

hi, i really need it ...it's not simple to explain but as it's part of a crontab i can't split the file manually...and the file can change every day so the lines are not a good base. example: how to split 1 csv file in 15 files? thank you very much regards :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7stars
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help combining txt files w/ multiple lines into csv single cell - also need data merge

:confused:Hello -- i just joined the forums. I am a complete noob -- only about 1 week into learning how to program anything... and starting with linux. I am working in Linux terminal. I have a folder with a bunch of txt files. Each file has several lines of html code. I want to combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetsetter
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines based on a condition for a group of files

hi i have a set of similar files. i want to delete lines until certain pattern appears in those files. for a single file the following command can be used but i want to do it for all the files at a time since the number is in thousands. awk '/PATTERN/{i++}i' file (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mainain the files after deleting lines with awk

hello I want to delete the lines of many files (e.g. file1, file2, ..., file1111) in my directory (e.g. dir1) that they have the 2nd column grater than a value (e.g. 40) placing them to a different directory (e.g. newdir) and keeping the originals. I wrote the code which is functional awk '{... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
3 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach -- detach a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when the thread terminates. If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_detach() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. Note that the function does not change the value of errno as it did for some drafts of the standard. These early drafts also passed a pointer to pthread_t as the argument. Beware! ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_detach() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 4, 1996 BSD