Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do Unix admins or contractors earn these days? Post 302096028 by rhfrommn on Monday 13th of November 2006 10:41:20 AM
Old 11-13-2006
I used Salary.com to do a bunch of research on Unix admin salaries last time I asked for a raise. They had the best info by far compared to other sites I used. I don't remember if they do contract rates (I don't think so) but if not just get a feel for what full time salaries should be and make sure your contract rate is a little above that to make up for lack of benefits.

When I did that research about 18 months ago the median for Minneapolis was about $86,000 per year, with the range between 25th and 75th percentile going from the mid $70's to the high $90's. The charts I got were for Unix admins with several years experience though, so if you're just starting it would be substantially less.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix Certification is the most needed these days?

Which Unix Certification is the most needed these days? This is a big question think about it... - SUN unix certification? - SCO unix certification? - SOLARIS unix certification? - .... AIX 4 AIX 4.1 AIX 4.2 AIX 4.x BSDI 2.0 FreeBSD 2.2 HP-UX 10 HP-UX 10.10 HP-UX 10.20 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dominic
7 Replies

2. Advertise with Us

how to earn money with linux

hi all. hi my name is david i am new in this forum. its been a year since I am on linux ubuntu and i realy do enjoy with it. i spend lots of time on it reaserch and learn different types of things about unix and mostly linux. i am 16 years old and i am in school. i was wondering is there any way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: david16256
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Is Weblogic useful for unix admins?

Hi, I Need small conformation that "Upto what extent Weblogic is useful for Admins? Need help ASAP...PLz do the Favour. Thanx in Advance...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanathkishor
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How do you earn bits?

Just wondering how these are accumulated, I recently made a search and noticed that mine had gone up- I'm guessing that it's based on user activity i.e. writing posts but is there a list of actions that accumulate them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: $shell_Learner
3 Replies
MACUTIL(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)