Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hi errno in sys/stat.h
Top Forums Programming Hi errno in sys/stat.h Post 302095886 by vijlak on Saturday 11th of November 2006 06:33:20 PM
Old 11-11-2006
Hi

Thank you,hegemaro!
So,Can I use it with stat() call?
If it has a integer value ,How can I know which value is which?
Like there are many type of errors that can be generarted like no access permissions etc.So how can a assosiate a particular errno no with a particular type of error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Getting errno in a Multithreaded program

In Tru64 Unix, the 'errno' variable is not thread safe. Could anybody help me about how to make it thread safe or how to check 'errno' in a Multithreaded program ???? The Programming process is like this. There are some definite number of threads having their own task. There is one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login error after sys-unconfig, errno = 13

Hi, I have a SPARCstation 10 with SunOS 5.6 This erlier was in a network and now I have it at home to make a webserver. At fist there was NIS and things left from erlier. So the "Console login:" newer appered only the white window with sun logo topleft and some text info. I made... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: roing
14 Replies

3. Programming

errno pb

Hello, I need to make a lib with pthread, when I run my make file all is good. But when I run my test program, I test errno in the begining and is already set to 251. Is it normal ??? What can I modify in my Makefile to have errno set to 0 ??? Thanks $make gcc -D_REENTRANT -shared -fpic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dts
3 Replies

4. Programming

errno

Hey, Can I assume that for certain function calls, errno can never be set to a certain value. More specifically, can I assume that for if the stat function call fails, the errno can never be or "No space left on device." I am assuming that a read function cannot fail because of no space... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
5 Replies

5. Programming

does perror() set errno?

here the program gives a odd result: #include <stdio.h> int main(){ perror("first"); perror("next"); return 0; } result: first: Success next: Illegal seek why? any resonable explanation? i found no information about this in man pages. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebd
2 Replies

6. Programming

Open function of sys/stat.h

If a process already has the entire file locked for read and write using newstruct.l_type = F_WRLCK; what would happen if another process would try to open it in read only mode using open(filename, O_RDONLY); ? I want to check if the file exists and I want it to work even if another process has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to resolve error "INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2"

Hi All, I am getting an error message when I execute command “zlogin -C sunsrv4z5” on my root server. INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 INIT: Cannot stat /etc/inittab, errno: 2 As per my analysis it seems that some files inside /etc folder are deleted. This server was... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: surbhit4u
14 Replies

8. Linux

[Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Dear all, CentOS 6 After executing "yum update -y" command I am facing this error. Please help me out. thanks in advance. Full error & error code is given as follow: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
7 Replies

9. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

10. AIX

Errno.h symbols

Hi, I need to look at a recent copy of /usr/include/errno.h from AIX 7.2 to check some symbols. In particular, I'm curious if it defines EOWNERDEAD and ENOTRECOVERABLE. Can someone who has access to 7.2 please check for me? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topcat
1 Replies
Tcl_Access(3)						      Tcl Library Procedures						     Tcl_Access(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_Access, Tcl_Stat - check file permissions and other attributes SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_Access(path, mode) int Tcl_Stat(path, statPtr) ARGUMENTS
char *path (in) Native name of the file to check the attributes of. int mode (in) Mask consisting of one or more of R_OK, W_OK, X_OK and F_OK. R_OK, W_OK and X_OK request checking whether the file exists and has read, write and execute permissions, respectively. F_OK just requests checking for the existence of the file. struct stat *statPtr (out) The structure that contains the result. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
As of Tcl 8.4, the object-based APIs Tcl_FSAccess and Tcl_FSStat should be used in preference to Tcl_Access and Tcl_Stat, wherever possi- ble. There are two reasons for calling Tcl_Access and Tcl_Stat rather than calling system level functions access and stat directly. First, the Windows implementation of both functions fixes some bugs in the system level calls. Second, both Tcl_Access and Tcl_Stat (as well as Tcl_OpenFileChannelProc) hook into a linked list of functions. This allows the possibility to reroute file access to alternative media or access methods. Tcl_Access checks whether the process would be allowed to read, write or test for existence of the file (or other file system object) whose name is pathname. If pathname is a symbolic link on Unix, then permissions of the file referred by this symbolic link are tested. On success (all requested permissions granted), zero is returned. On error (at least one bit in mode asked for a permission that is denied, or some other error occurred), -1 is returned. Tcl_Stat fills the stat structure statPtr with information about the specified file. You do not need any access rights to the file to get this information but you need search rights to all directories named in the path leading to the file. The stat structure includes info regarding device, inode (always 0 on Windows), privilege mode, nlink (always 1 on Windows), user id (always 0 on Windows), group id (always 0 on Windows), rdev (same as device on Windows), size, last access time, last modification time, and creation time. If path exists, Tcl_Stat returns 0 and the stat structure is filled with data. Otherwise, -1 is returned, and no stat info is given. KEYWORDS
stat, access Tcl 8.1 Tcl_Access(3)