Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting NOHUP utility in windows / DOS Post 302095845 by odys on Friday 10th of November 2006 05:10:41 PM
Old 11-10-2006
I am not sure but check the Cygwin distribution.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

?Using Unix commands in Microsoft (Windows') DOS Prompt?

I ran a search for "Unix Dos" in the search field box and checked a few pages' results but did not find what I was looking for. I am trying to find out if there are choices of applications that would enable using Unix commands inside a Windows environment, particularly the DOS Prompt. The only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows XP backup utility

I am trying to use the Windows XP's backup utility (start -> all programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Backup) to backup the whole system to another drive or a large USB flash drive to safeguard myself and the files. However, the backup utility gives error in both cases, ie. it won't backup to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Utility for Multiple windows

Iam looking for a utility in which i can run the same command in mutliple servers at the same time in multiple windows. I remember somebody mentioned to me about that,i would like to know if its available for unix servers as a windows application. I tried google for it but couldn't find any. Can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
8 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS/Windows CR to a UNIX LF 17 MB text file

Hello, I am on a WinXP home machine with a 17 MB text file and I need to change the DOS/Windows CR to a UNIX LF. Does anyone know how I can do this or even better a WinXP program that can do this for me ? My hobby is my Family History. I know very little about all this type stuff and I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tex
9 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to connect SFTP(Linux) from Windows DOS

I need to write a batch script for file transfer from SFTP to Windows system. SFTP is on Linux system. I kept this code in batch file and executing it.. but not working.. Even i tried from Command prompt like this "open sftp.host.com" but getting error. Can anyone help with the code and tell me how... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohantmk
15 Replies

6. Programming

windows to dos file name conversion x'ad'

We are running a java client server application on Solaris 10. External Users from around the country attach windows files through a client and these files are stored on a unix server. Recently I've started getting files that have a hex value of ad in their names. This causes a tar command to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillbates
5 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Deleting all files containing string (WINDOWS DOS)

So I want to skim through all folders (ongoing from the curr dir) and delete all files that contain the string: "in conflikt standing copy". Is this possible WITH DOS ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DOS/VB script of Remote Windows Server from AIX

Hi We use to run DOS and VB script in Windows Server . Now the requirement is to trigger the same script from AIX server by shell script , thus it would be executed in Remote Windows Server . Is it possible ( though SSH or any other way ) ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourajit Seth
2 Replies
NOHUP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup -- invoke a utility immune to hangups SYNOPSIS
nohup [--] utility [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The nohup utility invokes utility with its arguments and at this time sets the signal SIGHUP to be ignored. If the standard output is a ter- minal, the standard output is appended to the file nohup.out in the current directory. If standard error is a terminal, it is directed to the same place as the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin nohup command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. ENVIRONMENT
The following variables are utilized by nohup: HOME If the output file nohup.out cannot be created in the current directory, the nohup utility uses the directory named by HOME to create the file. PATH Used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. EXIT STATUS
The nohup utility exits with one of the following values: 126 The utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility could not be found or an error occurred in nohup. Otherwise, the exit status of nohup will be that of utility. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), signal(3) STANDARDS
The nohup utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BUGS
Two or more instances of nohup can append to the same file, which makes for a confusing output. BSD
July 19, 2001 BSD