Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Web server for dansguardian
Top Forums Programming Web server for dansguardian Post 302095840 by Corona688 on Friday 10th of November 2006 04:19:47 PM
Old 11-10-2006
No, it doesn't. It's a proxy filter, that can modify the pages that pass through it however it wants. When it wants to block a page, prints the block page instead of whatever the page was. No web server required or used, except the one that's being accessed through it.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

dansguardian

I've just Dl'd and installed the osxgnu package of danguardian and squid on my 10.2 machine, which is mainly used as a router/firewall (set up with brickhouse) And now I'm not quite sure what to do next...I have a speedtouch 330 USB ADSL modem and I share the connection via built in ethernet. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mistafeesh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies
WWW::IndexParser(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     WWW::IndexParser(3pm)

NAME
WWW::IndexParser - Fetch and parse the directory index from a web server SYNOPSIS
use WWW::IndexParser; my @files = WWW::IndexParser->new(url => 'http://www.example.com/dir/'); foreach my $entry (@files) { printf "%s %s ", $entry->filename, scalar(localtime($entry->time)||''); } DESCRIPTION
WWW::IndexParser is a module that uses LWP to fetch a URL from a web server. It then atempts to parse this page as if it were an auto generated index page. It returns an array of WWW::IndexParser::Entry objects, one per entry in the directory index that it has found. Each Entry has a set of methods: filename(), time(), size(), and others if supported by the autoindex generated: type() and size_units(). CONSTRUCTOR
new ( url => $url, timeout => $seconds, proxy => $proxy_url, debug => 1 ) When called with a URL to examine, this method does not return an object, but an array of WWW::IndexParser::Entry obects, one per entry in the directory listing that was accessed. The options to this are: url The complete URL of the index to fetch. timeout The timeout for the request to fetch data, default 10 seconds. proxy A proxy server URL, eg, 'http://proxy:3128/'. debug Decide if to print parsing debug information. Set to 0 (the default) to disable, or anything non-false to print. Recommened you use a digit (ie, 1) as this may become a numeric 'level' of debug in the future. METHODS
All methods are private in this module. Pass only a URL to the constructor, and it does everything for you itself. PREREQUISUTES
This modile depends upon "LWP", "HTML::Parser", "Time::Local". OSNAMES
any BUGS
Currently only supports Apache, IIS and Tomcat style auto indexes. Send suggestions for new Auto-Indexes to support to the author (along with sample HTML)! AUTHOR
James Bromberger <james@rcpt.to> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 James Bromberger. All rights reserved. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-06-23 WWW::IndexParser(3pm)