Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with Isql record count Post 302095799 by justsam on Friday 10th of November 2006 06:03:05 AM
Old 11-10-2006
isql has the -b option which strips off the header...

Code:
isql -U $U -P $P -S $S -w1000 -b -o tmp_isql.status

justsam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count the record count in an EBCDIC file.

How do I get the record count in an EBCDIC file on a Linux Box. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle8
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

record count

i have a file named file_names.dat where there are several files along with their path. exp: /data1/dir1/CTA_ACD_20071208.dat /data1/dir1/CTA_DFG_20071208.dat i want to write a script which will create a csv file with the name of the file and record count of that file the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replaying a record count with another record count

i use unix command to take the record count for a file1 awk 'END{print NR}' filename i already have a file2 which conatin the count like ... .. rec_cnt=100 .. .. I want to replace the record in the file2 using the record i take from file1. suggest me some simple ways of doing it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate record count

Hi all How to verify the number of records in case of delimited file, If the file has records. And then if it is not equal to mentioned no. of records, email is triggered and file is moved to bad directory path. Example ----- input file = a.txt bad directory path : /usr/bin/bad (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji23_d
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character count per record

I have a flat file. How can i retrive the character count per record in whole file. Can anybody assist me on this Cheers (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: subrat
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign record count output of isql to a shell variable ?

isql select count(*) from Table eof How to assign record count output of isql query to a shell variable ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reduce the count on the 98 record by 2,

recod,amount,noofaccount,count 98,+00000187865779787,00319,000000640/ 99,+00000187865779787,00001,000000642/ thsi is my input file my question is 1) Reduce the count on the 98 record by 2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgoud
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating the record count

Hi , I am having a text file with several records., it has a header record and trailer record. The header record has the number of rows (records) found in the text file and time-stamp. The footer record has the total number of records ( along with the header and trailer., Suppose: wc -l... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cratercrabs
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

count of record in files

Hi all, I have written a scripts which count number of lines in all the files in a directory and write in a text file. I don't know how to format it while writing. OS suns solaris 10 my scripts is as below for i in /ersdg3/ERS/ERS_INPUT_LOGS/RIO/LOGS/RIO_02-Aug-2012/ *.LOG do echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need record count on every 30 minute

We have the below records where we need record count of every 30 minute like 00:01 to 00:30 so in that we will have 48 record count in 24 hrs , and also we need sum of record count from 00:01 to 23:30. Please find sample data as well. 00:01 21 00:02 23 00:03 34 00:04 34 00:05 30... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
10 Replies
isql(1) 						       UnixODBC manual pages							   isql(1)

NAME
isql, iusql - unixODBC command-line interactive SQL tool SYNOPSIS
isql DSN [USER [PASSWORD]] [options] DESCRIPTION
isql is a command line tool which allows the user to execute SQL in batch or interactively. It has some interesting options such as an option to generate output wrapped in an HTML table. iusql is the same tool with built-in Unicode support. ARGUMENTS
DSN The Data Source Name, which should be used to make connection to the database. The data source is looked for in the /etc/odbc.ini and $HOME/.odbc.ini files in that order, with the latter overwriting the former. USER Specifies the database user/role under which the connection should be made. PASSWORD Password for the specified USER. OPTIONS
-b Run isql in non-interactive batch mode. In this mode, the isql processes its standard input, expecting one SQL command per line. -dDELIMITER Delimits columns with delimiter. -xHEX Delimits columns with HEX, which is a hexadecimal code of the delimiting character in the format 0xNN - i.e. 0x09 for the TAB char- acter. -w Format the result as HTML table. -c Output the names of the columns on the first row. Has any effect only with the -d or -x options. -mNUM Limit the column display width to NUM characters. -lLOCALE Sets locale to LOCALE. -q Wrap the character fields in double quotes. -3 Use the ODBC 3 calls. -n Use the newline processing. -e Use the SQLExecDirect instead of Prepare. -k Use SQLDriverConnect. -v Turn on the verbose mode, where the errors are fully described. Useful for debugging. --version Prints the program version and exits. COMMANDS
This section briefly describes some isql runtime commands. help List all tables in the database. help table List all columns in the table. help help List all help options. EXAMPLES
$ isql WebDB MyID MyPWD -w -b < My.sql Connects to the WebDB as user MyID with password MyPWD, then execute the commands in the My.sql file and returns the results wrapped in HTML table. Each line in My.sql must contain exactly 1 SQL command, except for the last line, which must be blank (unless the -n option is specified). FILES
/etc/odbc.ini System-wide DSN definitions. See odbc.ini(5) for details. $HOME/.odbc.ini User-specific DSN definitions. See odbc.ini(5) for details. SEE ALSO
odbcinst(1), odbc.ini(5) AUTHORS
The authors of unixODBC are Peter Harvey <pharvey@codebydesign.com> and Nick Gorham <nick@easysoft.com>. For the full list of contributors see the AUTHORS file. COPYRIGHT
unixODBC is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License. For details about the license, see the COPYING file. version 2.3.1 Tue 25 Jun 2013 isql(1)