Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compiling scripts written in Unix Post 302095753 by blowtorch on Thursday 9th of November 2006 10:17:01 PM
Old 11-09-2006
I doubt it. Shell operates at too high a level to write a program that converts directly from shell to C. Infact, all the commands that are used in shell programming are written in C. So, to actually convert a shell script, you might have to write a huge amount of code, or you would choose a completely different approach when you write a C program that does what a shell script is supposed to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compiling idl file on unix

hi i need to compile idl files to convert them to classes, on Unix platform. Please tell me how to compile these files & which commands are to be used for this purpose. Thanks & Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling Shell Scripts

Dear All I want to know if it is possible to compile shell scripts into executables before running them. Regards Chris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriseke
3 Replies

4. Programming

compiling c program in unix

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs in unix i need a very short and simple one, just the compiling part Respect (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can a korn shell script be written on HP-UNIX?

Is HP UNIX and Korn different flavours of unix? can a korn shell script be written on HP Unix? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soujanya_srk
4 Replies

6. Programming

Problem compiling c file on unix

HI, I have a proc installation. On running the following 3 commands, I successfully get 3 C files. proc char_map=string util.pc proc char_map=string FDRFeedMain.pc proc char_map=string NonMons.pc This gives me util.c FDRFeedMain.c NonMons.c Now when i try to compile the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: allah_waris45
6 Replies

7. Programming

Unix File has 000 access when written

Good day! I would just like to ask about an issue I encountered. There is a Java program (version1.3) that we use that is hosted in Unix (HP-UX B.11.11 U), and one of its functions copies a file and writes it to another directory. It usually runs fine, but one day, it wrote a file that had 000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike_s_6
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling Pro*C program under unix

Hello, I am trying to compile a Pro*C program under unix: proc iname=test.pc works fine but then I am not able to compile the test.c file : gcc test.c -o test.o -L $ORACLE_HOME/lib -l clntsh /usr/bin/ld: Object file format error in: /u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0.2.0/lib:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsmrmd
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling error in UNIX

Hi, I'm trying to compile the code for a program and I run into the following error, ncfile.h: In constructor ‘ncfile::NcAttribute<T>::NcAttribute(const std::string&, const char*)': ncfile.h:357: error: there are no arguments to ‘strlen' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstephens
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling UNIX System V

I tried to install UNIX system v R4, but the sources i've found(archive.org and WinWorldPC) are incomplete (missing cc, for example). Since archive.org has the source files i thought i could compile it and upload it for other users, but i cant get it to work. Any advice? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parodper
10 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)