Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ipv6 on a linux box
Operating Systems Linux ipv6 on a linux box Post 302095631 by sunittaneja on Wednesday 8th of November 2006 03:38:32 PM
Old 11-08-2006
Bug ipv6 on a linux box

how to enable an ipv6 address on a linux pc?
thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

radvd + ipv6 problems in Linux

Hi everyone, I have a weird problem in Linux. Well, for the past month i've been very interested in IPv6, and, a couple of days ago i decided to try to get it to work. I run Slackware 8.0 on my gateway/router-box, and, the freenet6.com-program and scripts started and worked just fine. There's one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuba
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Reboot a linux box from a windows box

HI All, I need a script to reboot a linux box from a windows box. The script needs to run automatically whenever a sitescope alerts with an error message. Have searched for this in the forums, but could not get something relative. Pls. let me know the various alternatives we have to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
2 Replies

3. Linux

How to find remote Linux box login account without login in to that box?

Hi, How to find remote Linux box login account without login in to that box? I don't have login account at my remote Linux box. But I need who are all having login account. How do I findout? Thanks, --Muthu. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuselvan
3 Replies

4. SuSE

Linux and IPv6

Hi gurus, In a few month, we must enable IPv6 on our Linux Server! Should we reinstall the Linux machine to enable IPv6 or could we just make some change in configuration's files? Could Linux run simultaneous IPv4 and IPv6? Thanks in advance for our help our ideas? Best regards, nm (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Linux Bridging, Wireless AP, IPv6 multicast and autoconfiguration.

Well I cannot be too certain of the setup, since it's a stock firmware, but I have a cheap Belkin wireless-n router and wanted to get some ideas of what may be going on while I've a few moments to ramble on about my problems... I requested the GPL source so I've just been pondering while waiting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutronscott
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting Linux box to Linux box

Hi, I've been able to mount my linux box to a windows machine, but I can't seem to mount my linux box to another linux box I have. (I know I could scp, but for other reasons I need to do it this way) Samba is installed. Here is an example where I mount to a Win machine.--> works fine mount... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
12 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to access redhat Linux box graphically from windows box?

Hi I have a linux box and need to access from windows graphically # uname -a Linux pc-l416116 2.6.18-155.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jun 19 17:06:47 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux What components do I need to install on Linux and windows to do that? TIA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
6 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Copying , renaming the file from windox box and ftp to Linux box

Hello my dear friends, Two file are auto generated from mon - fri at different directories on same windows box.Every day i have to copy the file, rename it (specific name)and ftp it to linux box specified directory. is it possible to automate this process,If yes this has to be done from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umesh yadav
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning ipv6 to bonding interface - getting old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig output

Hi, I have created a bonding bond1 interface with 6 Eth , mode=4. Recently i have changed my old ipv6 to new one and tried to restart as well as reload network service. Post which i can see old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig command output. Below are few files and command output for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
READPROFILE(8)						       System Administration						    READPROFILE(8)

NAME
readprofile - read kernel profiling information SYNOPSIS
readprofile [options] VERSION
This manpage documents version 2.0 of the program. DESCRIPTION
The readprofile command uses the /proc/profile information to print ascii data on standard output. The output is organized in three col- umns: the first is the number of clock ticks, the second is the name of the C function in the kernel where those many ticks occurred, and the third is the normalized `load' of the procedure, calculated as a ratio between the number of ticks and the length of the procedure. The output is filled with blanks to ease readability. OPTIONS
-a, --all Print all symbols in the mapfile. By default the procedures with reported ticks are not printed. -b, --histbin Print individual histogram-bin counts. -i, --info Info. This makes readprofile only print the profiling step used by the kernel. The profiling step is the resolution of the profil- ing buffer, and is chosen during kernel configuration (through `make config'), or in the kernel's command line. If the -t (terse) switch is used together with -i only the decimal number is printed. -m, --mapfile mapfile Specify a mapfile, which by default is /usr/src/linux/System.map. You should specify the map file on cmdline if your current kernel isn't the last one you compiled, or if you keep System.map elsewhere. If the name of the map file ends with `.gz' it is decom- pressed on the fly. -M, --multiplier multiplier On some architectures it is possible to alter the frequency at which the kernel delivers profiling interrupts to each CPU. This option allows you to set the frequency, as a multiplier of the system clock frequency, HZ. This is supported on i386-SMP (2.2 and 2.4 kernel) and also on sparc-SMP and sparc64-SMP (2.4 kernel). This option also resets the profiling buffer, and requires supe- ruser privileges. -p, --profile pro-file Specify a different profiling buffer, which by default is /proc/profile. Using a different pro-file is useful if you want to `freeze' the kernel profiling at some time and read it later. The /proc/profile file can be copied using `cat' or `cp'. There is no more support for compressed profile buffers, like in readprofile-1.1, because the program needs to know the size of the buffer in advance. -r, --reset Reset the profiling buffer. This can only be invoked by root, because /proc/profile is readable by everybody but writable only by the superuser. However, you can make readprofile setuid 0, in order to reset the buffer without gaining privileges. -s, --counters Print individual counters within functions. -v, --verbose Verbose. The output is organized in four columns and filled with blanks. The first column is the RAM address of a kernel function, the second is the name of the function, the third is the number of clock ticks and the last is the normalized load. -V, --version This makes readprofile print its version number and exit. -h, --help Display help and exit. EXAMPLES
Browse the profiling buffer ordering by clock ticks: readprofile | sort -nr | less Print the 20 most loaded procedures: readprofile | sort -nr +2 | head -20 Print only filesystem profile: readprofile | grep _ext2 Look at all the kernel information, with ram addresses: readprofile -av | less Browse a `freezed' profile buffer for a non current kernel: readprofile -p ~/profile.freeze -m /zImage.map.gz Request profiling at 2kHz per CPU, and reset the profiling buffer: sudo readprofile -M 20 BUGS
readprofile only works with an 1.3.x or newer kernel, because /proc/profile changed in the step from 1.2 to 1.3 This program only works with ELF kernels. The change for a.out kernels is trivial, and left as an exercise to the a.out user. To enable profiling, the kernel must be rebooted, because no profiling module is available, and it wouldn't be easy to build. To enable profiling, you can specify "profile=2" (or another number) on the kernel commandline. The number you specify is the two-exponent used as profiling step. Profiling is disabled when interrupts are inhibited. This means that many profiling ticks happen when interrupts are re-enabled. Watch out for misleading information. FILES
/proc/profile A binary snapshot of the profiling buffer. /usr/src/linux/System.map The symbol table for the kernel. /usr/src/linux/* The program being profiled :-) AVAILABILITY
The readprofile command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux October 2011 READPROFILE(8)