Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting week number of the "Monday" Post 302095620 by aigles on Wednesday 8th of November 2006 01:18:26 PM
Old 11-08-2006
/^[[:digit:][:space:]]*$/ && NF>0 Select non empty lines (NF>0) containing digits and spaces only.

if (substr($0, 1, 2) != " ") wm += 1; Count weeks in the month (lines starting whith a number in cols 1-2 (Sun))
Code:
       November 2006      
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat  
             1   2   3   4
 5    6   7   8   9  10  11
12  13  14  15  16  17  18
19   20  21  22  23  24  25
26  27  28  29  30

Jean-Pierre.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

[Solved] crontab issue "day of week"

Is there an issue with running a cron entry like the below entries? 0 2 21 12 2 cd /usr/local/bin;./cksecurity.sh -f /home/theninja/security.dat21 I wanted this to run on Tues at 2am, which it did successfully, however I also had the following entry to run next tuesday that also ran on 12/21.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theninja
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

7. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
GIMPPRINT-COLOR(7)					      Gimp-Print Manual Pages						GIMPPRINT-COLOR(7)

NAME
gimpprint-color - Gimp-Print color balancing DESCRIPTION
Gimp-Print includes several color balancing controls. These may be used to adjust the original image's brightness and contrast and gamma, and the density and saturation of the output, as well as the individual cyan, magenta and yellow levels. COLOR BALANCING
Cyan Magenta Yellow The range of values is 0.0 - 4.0, and defaults to 1.0. These three options allow specification of the cyan, magenta, and yellow levels independently, for rebalancing the levels. Normally, these should be adjusted to yield neutral gray, but they can be used for other effects. Brightness The range of values is 0.0 - 2.0, and defaults to 1.0. This adjusts the brightness of the image. 0.0 gives a fully black image; 2.0 gives a fully white image. Values greater than 1 will result in black not being solid and highlights turning white; values less than 1 will result in white not being perfectly clear and shadows turning black. Contrast The range of values is 0.0 - 4.0, and defaults to 1.0. Adjust the contrast of the image. 0.0 gives a solid gray for the entire image, the exact gray depending upon the brightness chosen. Gamma The range of values is 0.1 - 4.0, and defaults to 1.0. Adjust the gamma of the image, over and above the printer-specific correc- tion. Gamma less than 1.0 will result in a darker image; gamma greater than 1.0 will result in a lighter image. Unlike brightness, gamma adjustment does not change the endpoints; it merely changes the shape of the input->output curve. Density The range of values is 0.1 - 2.0, and defaults to 1.0. Adjust the amount of ink deposited on the paper. If you've chosen the cor- rect paper type and you're getting ink bleeding through the paper or puddling, try reducing the density to the lowest value you can while still achieving solid black. If you're not getting solid black, even with the contrast and brightness at 1.0, try increasing the density. All of the printers supported here actually need less than 100% ink density in most cases, so the actual density is something other than the nominal density setting. The effective density setting cannot go above 100%, so if a value specified will result in an excessively high density level, it will be silently limited to 1.0. Saturation The range of values is 0.0 - 9.0, and defaults to 1.0. Adjust the brilliance of colors. 0.0 results in pure grayscale; using this with Color=1 is one way of getting grayscale (see below under "Color" for a full discussion). Saturation of less than 1.0 results in more muted colors; saturation of greater than 1.0 results in more vibrant colors. Very high saturation often results in very strange effects, including posterization and banding that might not be expected. For normal purposes, the saturation should gener- ally be less than 1.5. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com) and Robert Krawitz (rlk@alum.mit.edu) This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This manual page was written by Roger Leigh (roger@whinlatter.uklinux.net) SEE ALSO
gimpprint-dithers(7), gimpprint-imagetypes(7), gimpprint-inktypes(7), gimpprint-mediasizes(7), gimpprint-mediasources(7), gimpprint-medi- atypes(7), gimpprint-models(7), gimpprint-resolutions(7). Version 4.2.4 25 Nov 2002 GIMPPRINT-COLOR(7)