Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: initialize lp job
Operating Systems SCO initialize lp job Post 302095592 by RTM on Wednesday 8th of November 2006 09:24:04 AM
Old 11-08-2006
Take a look at these -

syslog logs

web logs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

variable initialize question

I have a question about C program for Unix: Do we have to intialize every variable before we use them in C? I thought we have to untill I found some programs are not intialize the variable before they were used. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Initialize the Floppy on an HP-UX 10.20 OS as a bootable media

I have a B1000 platform, of which I am attempting to give the capability of establishing the Floppy as a bootable media device. I realize that the particular system doesn't recognize floppies as bootable media devices but there must be away around this can any one help? I have established mount... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMGOD
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable Initialize

Hi, i m trying to loop a variable value, Basically i m reading variable value from an input file and using in rest of the program. Bu my problem is when i first time read value and assign to variable it works fine, but in second read it concatinate second value to first value with a LF. I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbudy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nslookup *** Can't initialize resolver

Has anyone seen this message before? I have a DNS problem. Recently DNS has been moved to two new servers, which I can ping. I changed the /etc/resolv.conf to point to these boxes but now I get the *** Can't initialize resolver message. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: korfnz
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Can not initialize the floppy

Hello Everyone, Has anyboby ever come across the problem when fd refuses to get initialised. I try to use mediainit command, the fd is being accessed (the fd's LIT is green for some secs) but then I get the message - "Initialize media command failed - permission denied" I checked the diskette,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

initialize file to zero

hi can anyone tell how to initialize a file to zero (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Initialize a variable

Hi All, Please can you advise on how can I initialize a variable with a line. Suppose i want to initialize x with line redirects.www.virginatlantic.com.conf Best Regards, Shazin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shazin
1 Replies

8. SCO

How to initialize tape drive

Hi all Just connected a SCSI tape drive to our ScoUnix server running Unixware 7.0.1. The ID assigned to it is 3. When I open ArcServe it is saying that tape drive is not found and I cannot configure it. How can I make the tape drive accessible to the system? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramon82
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Fedora Initialize disklabel

What is the point of Fedora Initialize disklabel and how does it work? How do I check what my current Fedora's disklabel is initialized to? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

initialize a variable only once

hi, i have a script which needs to be run every 10 minutes.This is achieved using crontab utility, it is checking Number of calls on a service... if number of calls are not increasing then it will stop the service else do nothing. Now in the script, i fetch the current value in variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravah
2 Replies
condor_wait(1)						      General Commands Manual						    condor_wait(1)

Name
       condor_wait Wait - for jobs to finish

Synopsis
       condor_wait [-help -version]

condor_wait[-debug] [-wait seconds] [-num number-of-jobs] log-file[job ID]

Description
       condor_waitwatches  a  user  log file (created with the logcommand within a submit description file) and returns when one or more jobs from
       the log have completed or aborted.

Because condor_waitexpects to find at least one job submitted event in the log file, at least one job must have been successfully submitted
       with condor_submitbefore condor_waitis executed.

condor_waitwill wait forever for jobs to finish, unless a shorter wait time is specified.

Options
       -help

Display usage information

-version

Display version information

-debug

Show extra debugging information.

-wait seconds

Wait no more than the integer number of seconds. The default is unlimited time.

-num number-of-jobs

Wait for the integer number-of-jobsjobs to end. The default is all jobs in the log file.

log file

The name of the log file to watch for information about the job.

job ID

A  specific job or set of jobs to watch. If the job IDis only the job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId , then condor_wait waits for all jobs
	  with the given  ClusterId . If the job IDis a pair of the job ClassAd attributes, given by  ClusterId . ProcId , then condor_wait  waits
	  for  the specific job with this job ID. If this option is not specified, all jobs that exist in the log file when condor_wait is invoked
	  will be watched.

General Remarks
       condor_waitis an inexpensive way to test or wait for the completion of a job or a whole cluster, if you are trying to get a process outside
       of Condor to synchronize with a job or set of jobs.

It can also be used to wait for the completion of a limited subset of jobs, via the -numoption.

Examples
       condor_wait  logfile

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile with a job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId of 40 to complete.

condor_wait  -num 2 logfile

This command waits for any two jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40.1

This command waits for job 40.1 that exists in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  -wait 3600 logfile 40.1

This waits for job 40.1 to complete by watching	logfile , but it will not wait more than one hour (3600 seconds).

Exit Status
       condor_waitexits  with  0  if and only if the specified job or jobs have completed or aborted. condor_waitreturns 1 if unrecoverable errors
       occur, such as a missing log file, if the job does not exist in the log file, or the user-specified waiting time has expired.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						    condor_wait(1)