Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LCD codes on a P570
Operating Systems AIX LCD codes on a P570 Post 302095509 by dukessd on Tuesday 7th of November 2006 09:00:20 PM
Old 11-07-2006
hmm, I understand the long FC config / LED 569 because of the reservation but the dump is a worry.
have you got STO enabled and always allow dump set to true? that would cause the service processor to dump the box because of the long config wait.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.3 P570 - CPU Usage reports 1500000000.003

Does anyone had an issue with AIX reporting huge CPU Usage Times for jobs? I am seeing process using ps that are reporting billions for the CPU Times. This only seems to happen once in awhile. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigsgb
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX p570 lspv, lslv etc... not working

Hi we are running a VIO server on a AIX p570 we cannot run and of the command the query the ODM has anyone seen this problem or has a solution the command just hangs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truma1
1 Replies

3. SCO

LCD, only 22 lines?

I have a client running SCO openserver 5.0.4, character based The old 17" tube monitor died, and I replaced with an LCD monitor. I can only see 22 lines of text on-screen at a time. The LCD's have setup adjustment for scrolling up and down, but not to zoom in and out to make it fit. I swapped... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waywardfool
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

p570 - Problem bringing it back up

I have a p570 server with 2 LPARs on it. One of my colleagues did a firmware upgrade on it over the weekend but I have not been able to bring it back online since. I go to activate the partition from the HMC and it gets stuck on the C20082FF operator panel and just freezes from there. Does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeesH
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

p570 Capabilities

Hi there. I've been tasked with making a new design for our Unix systems :eek: Now the question I have is; How many LPARs can a p570 hold WITHOUT using a VIO Server. Many Thanks Kees (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KeesH
1 Replies

6. AIX

Mounting a USB Drive in AIX 5.3 ML 6, P570

Hi Can somebody help me know , How can i mount a USB drive in my AIX 5.3 ML6, P570 Server. This is a Bit urgent for me. Thanks in advance.. Regards Raj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
0 Replies

7. AIX

Ultrium LTO3 Tape Drive for pSeries p570

I have 2 servers in my office which are p570 and p550. Both run under AIX 5300-07. And I only have 1 x SCSI Ultrium LTO3 Tape Drive. For syncronization purposes, I always backup p570 server's database and restore into p550 server. And due to the frequent process of syncronization, I require to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Server P560/P570 Details

Hi Guys, Require your help please to find out the power consumption for IBM P6 series server. 1> What is the maximum power used by one IBM AIX P560 & P570 server in kilo watts (KW). 2> What is the weight of one IBM AIX P560 & P570 servers in KG. This is urgently required for me to procure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Webin cannot lcd

Hi all, I am using a ubuntu 9.4 server as ftps server. We have scripts that transfer files to our customers and it is scheduled by a cron job via webmin 1.510. Here is a sample of my script psftp user@hostname lcd /FolderA/Outgoing cd FolderREm mput * When I run a cron job manually the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marko75
0 Replies

10. AIX

p570 seeing LTO drive but not 3582 library (smc0)

I have a p570 running AIX 5.2 ml 10. We just got in a IBM 3582 library. The library is connected directly to the lpar via fibre cable. I've installed: Atape.driver 11.7.7.0 atldd.driver 6.8.4.0 After a reboot, I can see the one tape drive: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobSmith
2 Replies
ACPI_ASUS(4)						 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual					      ACPI_ASUS(4)

NAME
acpi_asus -- Asus Laptop Extras SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device acpi_asus Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): acpi_asus_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The acpi_asus driver provides support for the extra ACPI-controlled gadgets, such as hotkeys and leds, found on recent Asus (and Medion) lap- tops. It allows one to use the sysctl(8) interface to manipulate the brightness of the LCD panel and the display output state. Hotkey events are passed to devd(8) for easy handling in userspace with the default configuration in /etc/devd/asus.conf. Currently, the following Asus laptops are fully supported: xxN A1x A2x A3N A4D A6VM D1x J1x L2B L2D L2E L3C L3D L3H L4E L4R L5x L8x M1A M2E M6N M6R S1x S2x V6V W5A Eee PC Additionally, acpi_asus also supports the Asus-compatible ATK0100 interface found in Samsung P30/P35 laptops. SYSCTL VARIABLES
The following sysctls are currently implemented: hw.acpi.asus.lcd_brightness Makes the LCD backlight brighter or dimmer (higher values are brighter). hw.acpi.asus.lcd_backlight Turns the LCD backlight on or off. hw.acpi.asus.video_output Sets the active display to use according to a bitwise OR of the following: 0 No display 1 LCD 2 CRT 4 TV-Out Some models also support video switching via the generic acpi_video(4) driver. Most models do not, however. Defaults for these variables can be set in sysctl.conf(5), which is parsed at boot-time. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), acpi_video(4), sysctl.conf(5), sysctl(8) The acpi4asus Project, http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi4asus/. HISTORY
The acpi_asus driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.3. AUTHORS
The acpi_asus driver and this manual page were written by Philip Paeps <philip@FreeBSD.org>. Inspiration came from the acpi4asus project started by Julien Lerouge which maintains a driver implementing this functionality in the Linux kernel. BSD
December 17, 2008 BSD