Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What's wrong with this code?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What's wrong with this code? Post 302095494 by vinithepoo on Tuesday 7th of November 2006 05:14:51 PM
Old 11-07-2006
sounds wiered .. but it works .. gave output as "Trigger the next script..."

just bring down 'then' Smilie ..

export return_code="$?"
if [ $? -gt 4 ]
then
echo "load_shaw.sas failed."
exit
else
echo "Trigger the next script..."
# /path/to/next/script
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrong with this code?

Hello everyone, can somebody tell me what is wrong with this code: while true do java myTime > myTime.log sleep 60 done I get the following error: ./myTime: Syntax error at line 1 : `while' is not matched. Thanks in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lem2003
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone review my code tell me where I am going wrong?

Started writing my code. my read input is not even asking nor working? And I get a EOF script error. echo "1) aragorn.domain.net" echo "2) marvel.domain.net" echo "3) athena.domain.net" echo "4) gandalf.domain.net" echo "5) griffin.domain.net" echo "What server would you like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrchcol
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this code

ls -ld | grep $1 /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f6 i need see the content... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadman123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with this code

I just wanted to assign the filename to a variable filename="abc" datestrng=`date +%Y%m%d` filextn="txt" "LOCAL_FILE"${i}=${filename}"_"${datestrng}"."${filextn} echo "LOCAL_FILE"${i} I get the following error on 2nd last line ksh: LOCAL_FILE1=abc_20081114.txt: not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mqasim
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong in my code

Code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; #Clears Screen $CLEAR=`clear`; print $CLEAR; i get the below error: Global symbol "$CLEAR" requires explicit package name at ./mutmg.pl line 6. Global symbol "$CLEAR" requires explicit package name at ./mutmg.pl line 7. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sophos
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this code?

Trying to do a file count on files between a specific date. I entered the following command, but it's not working: find . -type f \( -newer startdate -a ! -newer enddate \) -exec "ls -l | wc -l" {} \; lil help? :D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong With This Code

Hi , iam new with sed command D:\bfx_db>sed -ne '/^SP2-*:/S/^\<.*\.*\>$/\2\p' reg.sql >>D:\out.log The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. Here my source file is reg.sql , i need the output in out.log Can anybody Help on this???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhdmehraj
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with my code?

Hello, all Suppose my current directory has 3 files: file_1 file_2 file_3 I wrote the following codes: awk 'BEGIN{while("ls"|getline d) {myarray++}}; END{close("ls");for (i in myarray){print i, myarray}}' /dev/null I expect the output be like: 1 file_1 2 file_2 3 file_3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my bash code?

I want to let sleep 3 in the background and echo $i pkglists="a b c d e f g" f() { local i set -- $pkglists && ((i +=2)) && sleep 3 &;echo $i } f (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with my awk code?

Hi there, I am trying to select a number of lines based on the lat. lon columns in a file but my awk code gives me empty result. Here is my file: 20100213 102212 33.1185 39.4078 2.9 20100214 141753 33.1058 39.9068 2.9 20100218 115828 33.1907 39.3575 2.9 20100225 220001 33.1932 39.9448... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johankor
10 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)