Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Passing parameter to makefile? Post 302095424 by manju_p on Tuesday 7th of November 2006 03:39:25 AM
Old 11-07-2006
Bug

Thanks guys for all your replies.
I got the solution.

We can pass parameter to makefile by specifying them along with there values in command line.

ex: make PARA1=1 PARA2=ABC.c

This will call makefile with 2 parameters, PARA1 is assigned value "1" and PARA2 is assigned value "ABC.c".
The same name need to be used in makefile to access these varibales ( using $(VAR_NAME) syntax)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter passing

Hallo everyone, This is my problem below: /home/cerebrus/pax=>vat class2.sh ksh: vat: not found /home/cerebrus/pax=>cat class2.sh #!/bin/ksh set -x bdf|grep appsdev|awk '{ print $5 }'> class3 dd={cat class3} echo $dd /home/cerebrus/pax=> /home/cerebrus/pax=>./class2.sh + bdf +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parameter passing in a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing asterisk As A Parameter

I have written a Shell Script Program which accepts 3 parameters as shown below: ./calc 20 + 2 in the above line ./calc is the Shell Script itself with 3 parameters, namely: 20 + and 2. Well, now let's look inside the Script: result=$1$2$3 echo $result The output will be as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter Passing problem

Hi All, I developed a KSH script which will accept two parameters as input. These two parameters are some directories paths. In the script i am validating the number of paramaters it received as below #-------------------------------------- # Check Command line arguments... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter in quotes

Hi, PW='/as sysdba'; export PW in other module I call sqlplus ${PW} (this line I unable to change!) How I can define PW so that sqlplus calls PW in quotes i.e sqlplus '/as sysdba' I tried like this PW="'/as sysdba'"; export PW - no luck Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a parameter to AWK

Hi All, I am trying to pass a parameter to AWK on my KSH shell prompt as below. var1=2 echo $var1 awk -v var2=${var1} '{print var2}' testfile.txt I am passing the input file (testfile) to awk to get some o/p. It is having 10 records. When I run AWK, it is throwing the following errors... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter more than 9

Hi, I've written a script where eleven parameter to be passed from command line which is inserting into an oracle table, it is working but the tenth and 11th parameter are not accepting as given it is referring to 1st parameter. HERE IS THE SCRIPT #!/bin/ksh #set -o echo $*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar
4 Replies

9. Programming

Passing arguments to customized makefile

Hello, How to pass arguments to make thru command line? Have read this and that threads, but still not clear. My customized Makefile as: # convert_program.mk: run: bash bash_srcipt.sh clean: rm ${OUT_PATH}/result.txtWhat I intend is to run like this: $ make -f convert_progam.mk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter through file

Hi , I am passing date parameter through file my shell script testing.sh is #set -x #set -v asd=$1 asd1=$2 echo $asd echo $asd1 Passing parameter as below sh testing.sh `cat file1.txt` Output (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies
md(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						     md(1)

NAME
md -- process raw dependency files produced by cpp -MD SYNOPSIS
md [-d] [-f] [-m makefile] [-u makefile] [-o outputfile] [-v] [-x] [-D c|d|m|o|t|D] DESCRIPTION
The md command basically does two things: Process the raw dependency files produced by the cpp -MD option. There is one line in the file for every #include encountered, but there are repeats and patterns like .../dir1/../dir2 that appear which should reduce to .../dir2. md canonicalizes and flushes repeats from the depen- dency list. It also sorts the file names and "fills" them to a 78 character line. md also updates the makefile directly with the dependency information, so the .d file can be thrown away (see d option). This is done to save space. md assumes that dependency information in the makefile is sorted by .o file name and it procedes to merge in (add/or replace [as appropriate]) the new dependency lines that it has generated. For time efficiency, md assumes that any .d files it is given that were cre- ated before the creation date of the "makefile" were processed already. It ignores them unless the force flag [f] is given. FLAG SUMMARY
-D c|D|d|m|o|t Specify debugging option(s): c show file contents D show very low level debugging d show new dependency crunching m show generation of makefile o show files being opened t show time comparisons -d Delete the .d file after it is processed -f Force an update of the dependencies in the makefile, even if the makefile is more recent than the .n file. (This implies that md has been run already.) -m makefile Specify the makefile to be upgraded. The defaults are makefile and then Makefile. -o outputfile Specify an output file (other than a makefile) for the dependencies. -u makefile Like -m, but the file will be created if necessary. -v Set the verbose flag. -x Expunge old dependency information from the makefile. SEE ALSO
make(1) BUGS
Old, possibly not used by anyone. HISTORY
The md utility was written by Robert V. Baron at Carnegie-Mellon University. BSD
June 2, 2019 BSD