Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: clean /etc/hosts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting clean /etc/hosts Post 302095422 by aigles on Tuesday 7th of November 2006 03:12:19 AM
Old 11-07-2006
What kind of cleaning do you want to do ?
Show us an example please.

Jean-Pierre.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hosts.allow & hosts.deny

Hi! Im trying to use host.allow & host.deny to resrtic access to my sun machine, but it doesnt seem to work... I want to allow full access from certain IPīs (ssh,http,ftp,etc...) but deny all kind of conections from outsideworld, the way that im doing that is: hosts.allow ALL:127.0.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorrento
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean File

BeginDate 07/01/06 End: 07/31/06 Cust: A02991 - Burnham 0002000 5,829,773 145.3 0009701 4,043,850 267.3 2005000 286,785.13 100.0 BeginDate 07/01/06 End: 07/31/06 Cust: A01239 - East Track PSE Index A 0009902 317,356.82 890.2 0020021 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.allow and hosts.deny

Hello everyone, This is my first posts and I did search for a questions but did not find a question that answered my question unless of course I overlooked it. I'm running Solaris 8. I use ssh for the users but I have a user called "chatterbox" that uses telnet but I need for chatterbox to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huddlestonsnk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me clean this up

UNIX amature/novice. I've written a script (it works) that needs to be cleaned up. I'm searching for a way to perform a "go to , perform this then return" section of code. The books I have and searches i"ve done so far do not show me how to do this. I've pasted in the current code below. I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scanner248
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to clean PV id?

When I run command: >chdev -l hdisk1 -a pv=clear It shows Method error (/etc/methods/chgdisk): 0514-062 Cannot perform the requested function because the specified device is busy. run: #>fuser -kxuc /dev/raw1 /dev/raw1: How to clean PV id? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clean this script?

Hello guys, this script partially works but it's still pretty ugly and, moreover, if the month is jan/feb/mar... it doesn't work at all. Could anyone say me how to correct, cut and clean a little bit? #!/usr/bin/ksh egrep -v -e "^\s*#" /file/permission | awk '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clean up the space

Hi I just want to clean up the space in UNIX. Is there any special command that does this process or do I need to manually type the following rm <filename> Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

8. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
NTFSINFO(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       NTFSINFO(8)

NAME
ntfsinfo - dump a file's attributes SYNOPSIS
ntfsinfo [options] device DESCRIPTION
ntfsinfo will dump the attributes of inode inode-number or the file path-filename and/or information about the mft ( -m option). Run ntfs- info without arguments for a full list of options. OPTIONS
Below is a summary of all the options that ntfsinfo accepts. Nearly all options have two equivalent names. The short name is preceded by - and the long name is preceded by --. Any single letter options, that don't take an argument, can be combined into a single command, e.g. -fv is equivalent to -f -v. Long named options can be abbreviated to any unique prefix of their name. -F, --file FILE Show information about this file -f, --force This will override some sensible defaults, such as not overwriting an existing file. Use this option with caution. -h, --help Show a list of options with a brief description of each one. -i, --inode NUM Show information about this inode. -m, --mft Show information about the volume. -q, --quiet Produce less output. -t, --notime Do not display timestamps in the output. -v, --verbose Increase the amount of output that ntfsinfo prints. -V, --version Show the version number, copyright and license. BUGS
There are no known problems with ntfsinfo. If you find a bug please send an email describing the problem to the development team: ntfs-3g-devel@lists.sf.net AUTHORS
ntfsinfo was written by Matthew J. Fanto, Anton Altaparmakov, Richard Russon, Szabolcs Szakacsits, Yuval Fledel, Yura Pakhuchiy and Cris- tian Klein. It was ported to ntfs-3g by Erik Larsson and Jean-Pierre Andre. AVAILABILITY
ntfsinfo is part of the ntfs-3g package and is available from: http://www.tuxera.com/community/ SEE ALSO
ntfsprogs(8) ntfs-3g 2012.1.15AR.5 April 2006 NTFSINFO(8)