Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: clean /etc/hosts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting clean /etc/hosts Post 302095397 by sysgate on Monday 6th of November 2006 05:03:54 PM
Old 11-06-2006
so, there are ways to do this in perl ( open the file for writing ) and replace the respective strings using regexp.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hosts.allow & hosts.deny

Hi! Im trying to use host.allow & host.deny to resrtic access to my sun machine, but it doesnt seem to work... I want to allow full access from certain IPīs (ssh,http,ftp,etc...) but deny all kind of conections from outsideworld, the way that im doing that is: hosts.allow ALL:127.0.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorrento
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean File

BeginDate 07/01/06 End: 07/31/06 Cust: A02991 - Burnham 0002000 5,829,773 145.3 0009701 4,043,850 267.3 2005000 286,785.13 100.0 BeginDate 07/01/06 End: 07/31/06 Cust: A01239 - East Track PSE Index A 0009902 317,356.82 890.2 0020021 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.allow and hosts.deny

Hello everyone, This is my first posts and I did search for a questions but did not find a question that answered my question unless of course I overlooked it. I'm running Solaris 8. I use ssh for the users but I have a user called "chatterbox" that uses telnet but I need for chatterbox to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huddlestonsnk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me clean this up

UNIX amature/novice. I've written a script (it works) that needs to be cleaned up. I'm searching for a way to perform a "go to , perform this then return" section of code. The books I have and searches i"ve done so far do not show me how to do this. I've pasted in the current code below. I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scanner248
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to clean PV id?

When I run command: >chdev -l hdisk1 -a pv=clear It shows Method error (/etc/methods/chgdisk): 0514-062 Cannot perform the requested function because the specified device is busy. run: #>fuser -kxuc /dev/raw1 /dev/raw1: How to clean PV id? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clean this script?

Hello guys, this script partially works but it's still pretty ugly and, moreover, if the month is jan/feb/mar... it doesn't work at all. Could anyone say me how to correct, cut and clean a little bit? #!/usr/bin/ksh egrep -v -e "^\s*#" /file/permission | awk '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clean up the space

Hi I just want to clean up the space in UNIX. Is there any special command that does this process or do I need to manually type the following rm <filename> Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

8. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
shevek::regexp(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 shevek::regexp(3)

NAME
shevek::regexp - Use regular expressions. SYNOPSIS
#include <regexp.hh> Public Member Functions regexp (std::string const &pattern=std::string(), bool case_sensitive=false) Create a new object, and optionally fill it with a pattern. regexp & operator= (std::string const &pattern) Set a pattern, removing the previous one. regexp (regexp const &that) Copy a regexp. regexp & operator= (regexp const &that) Copy a regexp. void case_sensitive (bool value=true) Set whether the evaluation should be case sensitive. ~regexp () Destructor, this cleans up internal structures. bool operator() (std::string const &data) Check whether the pattern matches a string, and fill internal match structures if it does. std::string operator[] (unsigned idx) const Retrieve the value of a subexpression from the last matched string. bool valid (unsigned idx) const Test whether a subexpression was filled by the last matching string. unsigned size () const Get the number of subexpression. std::string transform (std::string const &data) const Transform a string with -codes according to the last matching string. std::string const & pattern () const Get the current pattern. Detailed Description Use regular expressions. Member Function Documentation std::string shevek::regexp::operator[] (unsignedidx) const Retrieve the value of a subexpression from the last matched string. This throws an exception if the subexpression is not valid. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libshevek from the source code. libshevek Fri May 11 2012 shevek::regexp(3)