Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create Variable for a PATH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create Variable for a PATH Post 302095374 by mmignot on Monday 6th of November 2006 01:48:31 PM
Old 11-06-2006
Create Variable for a PATH

Hello all,

I need to create a variable that contains a path to a program. I'd like to reference that variable later in the script to execute the program. Does anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish this?

Thanks,
Mark Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable substitution when variable constructed of a directory path

Hello, i have another sed question.. I'm trying to do variable substition with sed and i'm running into a problem. my var1 is a string constructed like this: filename1 filerev1 filepath1 my var2 is another string constructed like this: filename2 filerev2 filepath2 when i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alrinno
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to create 3 different new directories under the same path

Hi, Iam new to UNIX...My requirement is to create 3 dir as an hierarchy under /var/opt/temip.The output should be /var/opt/temip/GP_Int/GPTTS/AUTO. I have tried the following script...But only GP_int folder is getting created and not other folders...Can someone help??? #!/usr/bin/ksh #script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Llb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile cant create new install path

..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury
2 Replies

4. Linux

How to create zip file without path?

Hello, I have generated a PHP script that creates files needed for EPUB file. I have a temp directory where these files are created into and then needs to be zipped. The directory structure is: mimetype content.opf index.html stylesheet.css toc.ncx META-INF META-INF/container.xml ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaze
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a path from PATH environment variable

Hi I need a script which will remove a path from PATH environment variable. For example $echo PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:test/rmve:/usr/games $echo rmv test/rmve Here I need a shell script which will remove rmv path (test/rmve) from PATH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu84
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a path in user's PATH variable

Hello Folks, I want to append a path in user's PATH variable which should be available in current session. Background Numerous persons will run a utility. Aim is to add the absolute path of the utility the first time it runs so that next runs have the PATH in env & users can directly run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Path a variable to sed that includes a path

Hi I'm trying to select text between two lines, I'm using sed to to this, but I need to pass variables to it. For example start="BEGIN /home/mavkoup/data" end="END" sed -n -e '/${start}/,/${end}/g' doesn't work. I've tried double quotes as well. I think there's a problem with the / in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavkoup
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to create PATH for a application?

hi every one In linux, how to create a PATH for a application ? i searched, but no positive response any one like me got stuck with this problem? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshz
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create 2 different path folders?

Hi all, I am new to this forum. A_NAME=$5 DEPT="abc" DEPT_NAME="cdf" echo " Name:" $A_NAME | tee -a ${LOG_FILE_NAME} echo "dept :" $DEPT | tee -a ${LOG_FILE_NAME} echo "dname :" $DEPT_NAME | tee -a ${LOG_FILE_NAME} echo "parse_parms done" | tee -a ${LOG_FILE_NAME}... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boost
11 Replies
fntsample(1)						      General Commands Manual						      fntsample(1)

NAME
fntsample - PDF and PostScript font samples generator SYNOPSIS
fntsample [ OPTIONS ] -f FONT-FILE -o OUTPUT-FILE fntsample -h DESCRIPTION
fntsample program can be used to generate font samples that show Unicode coverage of the font and are similar in appearance to Unicode charts. Samples can be saved into PDF (default) or PostScript file. OPTIONS
fntsample supports the following options. --font-file, -f FONT-FILE Make samples of FONT-FILE. --font-index, -n IDX Font index for FONT-FILE specified using --font-file option. Useful for files that contain multiple fonts, like TrueType Collec- tions (.ttc). By default font with index 0 is used. --output-file, -o OUTPUT-FILE Write output to OUTPUT-FILE. --other-font-file, -d OTHER-FONT Compare FONT-FILE with OTHER-FONT. Glyphs added to FONT-FILE will be highlighted. --other-index, -m IDX Font index for OTHER-FONT specified using --other-font-file option. --postscript-output, -s Use PostScript format for output instead of PDF. --svg, -g Use SVG format for output. The generated document contains one page. Use range selection options to specify which. --print-outline, -l Print document outlines data to standard output. This data can be used to add outlines (aka bookmarks) to resulting PDF file with pdfoutline program. --include-range, -i RANGE Show characters in RANGE. --exclude-range, -x RANGE Do not show characters in RANGE. --style, -t "STYLE: VAL" Set STYLE to value VAL. Run fntsample with option --help to see list of styles and default values. --help, -h Display help text and exit. Parameter RANGE for -i and -x can be given as one integer or a pair of integers delimited by minus sign (-). Integers can be specified in decimal, hexadecimal (0x...) or octal (0...) format. One integer of a pair can be missing (-N can be used to specify all characters with codes less or equal to N, and N- for all characters with codes greather or equal to N). Multiple -i and -x options can be used. EXAMPLES
Make PDF samples for font.ttf and write them to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PDF samples for font.ttf, compare it with oldfont.ttf and highlight new glyphs. Write output to file samples.pdf: fntsample -f font.ttf -d oldfont.ttf -o samples.pdf Make PostScript samples for font.ttf and write output to file samples.ps. Show only glyphs for characters with codes less or equal to U+04FF but exclude U+0370-U+03FF: fntsample -f font.ttf -s -o samples.ps -i -0x04FF -x 0x0370-0x03FF Make PDF samples for font.ttf and save output to file samples.pdf adding outlines to it: fntsample -f font.ttf -o temp.pdf -l > outlines.txt pdfoutline temp.pdf outlines.txt samples.pdf AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2007 Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugen@debian.org> Homepage: <http://fntsample.sourceforge.net/> SEE ALSO
pdfoutline(1) 2010-10-14 fntsample(1)