Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX cfgmgr and hdisk number allocation Post 302095373 by funksen on Monday 6th of November 2006 01:46:23 PM
Old 11-06-2006
the flashcopy devices should still exist in your system as "defined" when you remove them from your system (check with lsdev -Ccdisk) when they are defined its ok and they keep their hd number even if they are deleted and there are new disks

if they are not defined, check your "disable" script
you have to remove them with rmdev -l and not with rmdev -dl which removes them completely from the odm

Last edited by funksen; 11-06-2006 at 03:16 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LPAR and CFGMGR

I have a P570 that for some reason is not allowing the P1-T6 NIC to be recognized. I have confirmed from the HMC that it is set for the LPAR, but when I do a cfgmgr, it won't recognize it. It though is recognizing the slot cards just fine which are P1-C3 for one shelf and P1-C3 of another shelf.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LegendMan
1 Replies

2. AIX

cfgmgr

Hi All, I remember my old senior mentor in AIX that cfgmgr should not be terminated on your console. Because if it's terminated in the middle, the odm might get corrupted. Is that true for AIX 5.x? Regards, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. AIX

cfgmgr: Filesets missing

Hi all, I have a System i server with a couple of AIX LPARs. One of the LPARs owns a dual-channel scsi adapter to which I connect a tape library (IBM TS3100) and a DVD Drive. I had some problems to get the Tape Library detected but finally I got it: rmt0 Available 03-08-01-4,0 IBM 3580... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
1 Replies

4. AIX

Dual port NIC, cfgmgr

OS: AIX 6.1 The host has a dual port NIC installed and when I went to run `cfgmgr -v` to configure it I got an error showing device packages are missing from the install: `cfgmgr -v` on 10.15.xx.xxx cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
3 Replies

5. Programming

dynamic allocation vs static allocation in c

i wrote a tiny version of tail command using a large buffer statically allocated but, in a second time, i found another version in which i use a bidimensional array dynamically allocated. here is the first version /*my tiny tail, it prints the last 5 line of a file */ #include<stdio.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasclaus
4 Replies

6. AIX

cfgmgr in my aix box

Hi When I run cfgmgr -v in my aix box I get the below error : cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.loopback My oslevel is 6100-06-02-1044 Please assist. Please use and tags when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

7. AIX

cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING

Dear all i have a sun SL500 tape library attached to my AIX box while issue the command cfgmgr i have the below issue test>cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.fcp.changer please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Block-based allocation and Extent-based allocation in Solaris

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's this figure about? (See the attached figure below.) This is a representation of block allocation filesystem and extent allocation filesystem in Solaris. Does this mean that in a block-based allocation, data are placed in individual blocks while in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
0 Replies

9. AIX

Time taking for cfgmgr on dual VIO

Hi, From the man page, cfgmgr configures devices and optionally installs device software by running the programs specified in the Configuration Rules object class and it is not dependent on platform . Are there any fundamental differences impacting the speed of cfgmgr on a stand-alone and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
5 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cfgmgr Error

Hi, My AIX server able to detect the LUN's which is mapped from IBM v7k storage, And i allocated one more LUN from HP storage but it's appear two hdisk instead of one and it's showing incorrect LUN ID. SDDPCM driver already installed on this server. During cfgmgr, Im getting this message :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xinuadmin
1 Replies
remove object(1m)														 remove object(1m)

NAME
remove object - Removes a value from a set-valued or single-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of an object entry SYNOPSIS
cdscp remove object object-name attribute-name [= attribute-value] ARGUMENTS
The full name of the object entry. The name of a particular attribute. Specify only one attribute at a time. See the cds_attributes file for the list of attributes and corresponding data types that your application uses. The value of a particular attribute. The value of an application-defined attribute is dependent on the type of attribute. DESCRIPTION
The remove object command removes a value from a set-valued or single-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of an object entry. If you do not specify a value, the command removes the entire attribute. This command can delete attributes created by the add object and set object commands. Usually, this task is performed through the client application. See the OSF DCE Administration Guide for more information about attributes. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the object entry. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
To remove the value ps from the attribute printcap of an object entry named /.:/mlh/deskprinter, follow these steps: Read the cds_attributes file to check that the attribute printcap is listed, as shown in the following display: OID LABEL SYNTAX 1.3.22.1.3.50 printcap char Enter the following command to remove the value ps from the attribute printcap. cdscp> remove object /.:/mlh/deskprinter printcap = ps RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add object(1m), list object(1m), set object(1m), show object(1m) Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide remove object(1m)