Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Disabling interrupt function of Control-C key combination Post 302095265 by V.V.KUMAR on Sunday 5th of November 2006 11:46:46 PM
Old 11-06-2006
Disabling interrupt function of Control-C key combination

I am using informix RDBMS over SUSE LINUX. In linux if you press control-c it acts as an interrupt key. In my program I have used control-c to perform certain functions but it is being overriden by interrupt function of control-c key combination of SUSE LINUX. Kindly suggest me a solution by which I can disable the control-c of SUSE LINUX so that my program control-c works.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt signal Control C takes too long to terminate a process

I have a process to terminate, and when keying Control C/ kill -int , it takes 15 minutes to half an hour to terminate the process. I've tried using kill -2, or keying control c twice, however the process seem to be killed abruptly, without writing into the log file. So the only way in order to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqui
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disabling ctrl-Z key inside shell script

Hi I have tried to disable the CTRL-Z key inside a shell(sh) script using the command trap "`echo "Ctrl-Z key disabled"`" 20But I am not able to exit from the script after pressing CTRL-Z key. How to proceed this? Need reply soon (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: suganthic
11 Replies

3. IP Networking

Disabling 802.3x flow control

I have a server I would like to disable 802.3x flow control on. The host is Linux (CentOS 4.4 x86_64 w/ 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL kernel,) and I'm using the ns83820 driver for the ethernet interface in question. I've tried looking at the driver parameters (modinfo ns83820) and using ethtool (ethtool -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

4. Programming

Detecting a key combination

Could anybody tell me how I can detect a particular key combination and perform a particular task on that event. e.g. if I press Ctrl + L on the shell then it clears the screen. Please tell me how it can be performed on my shell. And how the Arrow Keys can be detected. I tried but pressing a key... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to 'trap' the 'control+z' key

hello, I wanted to trap the signals in my shell script.We generally write it as:- By doing this I am able to trap ctrl+c.But when I hit "ctrl+z", then my shell is terminating....can you please tell me how to trap this signal.I wanna know the number corresponding to it !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function control value in file

Dear friends, I need help .. some will say again ; ) I've got a shell script (KSH) with interactive options. One of the option should match a numeric value but also look inside a file and check if the numeric value match the numeric value chosen. I've got a function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting terminal with shortcut key combination

How can the shortcut keys be defined that would open up a terminal window? When using a kvm switch, the mouse sometimes does not work, but the keyboard does, and by opening up a terminal window using a shortcut key combination, the mouse can be restarted by entering the predefined mouserestart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source

I receive the following warning messages on a very new machine which has FreeBSD 8.1 x64 installed on it: Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source It is unclear what this means and what its origins are (motherboard? CPU? RAM?). I can start the desktop and the message is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number?

Hi, all: Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number in the system? li,kunlun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting key combination in bash

I need to grab key combination from a bash script and store it in a variable. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prism1
1 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
cron [-l load_avg] [-n] DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. The -n option changes this default behavior causing it to run in the foreground. This can be useful when starting it out of init. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. Daylight Saving Time and other time changes Local time changes of less than three hours, such as those caused by the start or end of Daylight Saving Time, are handled specially. This only applies to jobs that run at a specific time and jobs that are run with a granularity greater than one hour. Jobs that run more fre- quently are scheduled normally. If time has moved forward, those jobs that would have run in the interval that has been skipped will be run immediately. Conversely, if time has moved backward, care is taken to avoid running jobs twice. Time changes of more than 3 hours are considered to be corrections to the clock or timezone, and the new time is used immediately. PAM Access Control On SUSE LINUX systems, crond now supports access control with PAM - see pam(8). A PAM configuration file for crond is installed in /etc/pam.d/crond . crond loads the PAM environment from the pam_env module, but these can be overriden by settings in the crontab file. SIGNALS
On receipt of a SIGHUP, the cron daemon will close and reopen its log file. This is useful in scripts which rotate and age log files. Naturally this is not relevant if cron was built to use syslog(3). CAVEATS
In this version of cron, /etc/crontab must not be writable by any user other than root. No crontab files may be links, or linked to by any other file. No crontab files may be executable, or be writable by any user other than their owner. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> 4th Berkeley Distribution 10 January 1996" CRON(8)