Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do Unix admins or contractors earn these days? Post 302095260 by Arkitech on Sunday 5th of November 2006 07:15:23 PM
Old 11-05-2006
What do Unix admins or contractors earn these days?

I'm somewhat new to the world of Unix (about 8-9 months of exp, but 11 years in IT). I would like to work as a contractor performing Unix or Linux support work, but I'm not sure what kind of rates to expect. Can anyone out there give me an idea of what Unix contractors make in your perspective area?

Also for a new Unix guy, will industry certification make me more attractive to employers or headhunters?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix Certification is the most needed these days?

Which Unix Certification is the most needed these days? This is a big question think about it... - SUN unix certification? - SCO unix certification? - SOLARIS unix certification? - .... AIX 4 AIX 4.1 AIX 4.2 AIX 4.x BSDI 2.0 FreeBSD 2.2 HP-UX 10 HP-UX 10.10 HP-UX 10.20 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dominic
7 Replies

2. Advertise with Us

how to earn money with linux

hi all. hi my name is david i am new in this forum. its been a year since I am on linux ubuntu and i realy do enjoy with it. i spend lots of time on it reaserch and learn different types of things about unix and mostly linux. i am 16 years old and i am in school. i was wondering is there any way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: david16256
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Is Weblogic useful for unix admins?

Hi, I Need small conformation that "Upto what extent Weblogic is useful for Admins? Need help ASAP...PLz do the Favour. Thanx in Advance...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanathkishor
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How do you earn bits?

Just wondering how these are accumulated, I recently made a search and noticed that mine had gone up- I'm guessing that it's based on user activity i.e. writing posts but is there a list of actions that accumulate them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: $shell_Learner
3 Replies