Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remsh newhost "for loop"
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remsh newhost "for loop" Post 302095217 by alantang on Sunday 5th of November 2006 04:33:22 AM
Old 11-05-2006
remsh newhost "for loop"

Hi,

In ksh how can I execute something like this:

remsh newhost "for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo file$i; cat file$i; done"

I cannot pass the contrl J or enter in th above line which is required by the for loop.

Thanks...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to "remsh" from a Unix machine to a Linux or SunOS

Hi All, I`m trying to execute something remotely using Remsh. Up to now it worked on HP-UX machines ( editing the /etc/hosts. .rhosts and creating user to the remote machine using SAM) but i cannot configure it to work from HP-UX to Linux or SunOS. Can anybody help me with this? THanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elthox
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH: Interactive "cp" (and "mv") in a loop

Hi. I have a copy-file script (and a move-file script) that I recently tried to make interactive. I tested the former on three files from a text list, and watched to see what would happen. As the cp command was in a while/do/done loop, there was no pause for input: it wrote the file from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about the difference between "for" and "while" loop

dear all, i got some questions about for/while loop when working on redirect command output to for/while loop. take one for example : in for loop : allfiles=`find /var/log -maxdepth 1 -type f -mtime +5` index=1 for ((i=0; i<${#allfiles}; i++)); do echo "$index:${allfiles}" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
LAMGROW(1)                                                         LAM COMMANDS                                                         LAMGROW(1)

NAME
lamgrow - Extend a LAM multicomputer. SYNOPSIS
lamgrow [-hvd] [-cpu num] [-n nodeid] [-no-schedule] [-ssi key value] hostname OPTIONS
-cpu num Indicate how many CPUs are available to LAM on the new node. -d Turn on debugging output. This implies -v. -h Print useful information on this command. -n nodeid Assign this ID to the new node. -no-schedule Indicate that C and N expansion in mpirun and lamexec should not schedule on this node. -ssi key value Send arguments to various SSI modules. See the "SSI" section, below. -v Be verbose. hostname Extend LAM with this host. DESCRIPTION
An existing LAM universe, initiated by lamboot(1), can be enlarged to include more nodes with lamgrow. One new node is added for each in- vocation. At a minimum, the host name that will run the new node is given on the command line. If a different userid is required to ac- cess the host, it is specified with the appropriate boot SSI options (see lamssi_boot(7)). The new node can be assigned any unused, non-negative identifier. If no identifier is specified, the highest node identifier in the cur- rent LAM universe plus one is used. Note that lamboot(1) always assigns node identifiers consecutively from 0. lamgrow can be run from any node in the current LAM universe. Specifically -- it cannot be run from the intended new host. Two invoca- tions of lamgrow should not run concurrently, and the command attempts to detect this situation. The name of the host specified in lamgrow should not be the one which is already present in the user's LAM universe and the command attempts to detect this situation too. Resource managers will be the most common user of lamgrow. When hosts become idle and a user has expressed a desire to the manager that extra cycles should be exploited, the manager could invoke lamgrow and then launch the specified application process(es) on the new node. EXAMPLES
lamgrow -v newhost Start LAM on newhost and add it to the existing LAM universe. Choose the next available node identifier and report about important steps as they are done. lamgrow -n 30 newhost Start LAM on newhost with node ID 30 and add it to the existing LAM universe. Operate silently. FILES
laminstalldir/etc/lam-conf.lamd default configuration file for LAM nodes, where "laminstalldir" is the directory where LAM/MPI was in- stalled. BUGS
It is not currently possible to specify a configuration file other than lam-conf.lamd on the remote node, even though this is possible with lamboot. SEE ALSO
lamboot(1), lamhalt(1), hboot(1), lamwipe(1), tkill(1), bhost(5), conf(5), lamssi_boot(7) LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 LAMGROW(1)