Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: escape characterz...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting escape characterz... Post 302095175 by Manish Jha on Friday 3rd of November 2006 09:07:24 PM
Old 11-03-2006
put some example !!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape characters..

hey i want to know the unix commands to replace all the character escape sequences with their "C" values in a string... thanks in advance..! Regards, Sharanya (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsin2001
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape character

Hi , I want to change space to ' in my script. I tried doing this, sed 's/ /\'/g' filename but i could not get it. can some one help me please. Thanks, Deepak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakpv
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape chracters

hi, how to echo \\ in unix ie echo the path \\dir1\dir2\\dir3 thanks, Sam (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape sequence for $

Hi all, I have a requirement where the variable name starts with $, like $Amd=/home/student/test/ How to work wit it? can some one help me, am in gr8 confusion:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreekrishnagd
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to escape from the shell

In a Script I need to push several messages to a function. My problem here is: I have to print the string v$LOCK on the resulting line which spits out the message. What I want here is not printing the contents of $LOCK I want to escape the shell and printout v$LOCK on the line. But don't know how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape and combination

Hi I have 2 files like: file1 a 12 b 1 a 3 file2 a 9 c 0 a 8 and i would like to get a 12 a 9 a 3 a 8 i can do it with grep and paste with 3 lines. I tried to combine using: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape ' in awk

I am trying to escape single quote in awk, but could not: awk ' BEGIN{ fstr="COMPRESS('Y','N')" } { substr($1,len-3,4)~/_IND/ len=length($1) if(substr($1,len-3,4)~/_IND/) printf("%-32s%-14s%-5s%-14s\n",$1,$2,$3,$fstr,$4,$5,$6,$7) } ' tt.txt > out.log Error: awk: Field... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysvsr1
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape characters

i am executing script from A server which will execute the script in B server , as below. ssh A 'ssh B echo 'select * from testing where name ='test'' i am getting the below output. select * from testing where name=test but i need the output where clause with quotes , tried with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto escape script to escape special chars in script args

This is a bit off the wall, but I often need to run scripts where there are argument values that contain special characters. For example, $ ./process.exe -t M -N -o temp.mol.s -i ../molfiles/N,N\',N\'\'-trimethylbis\(hexamethylene\)triamine.mol && sfile_space_to_tab.sh temp.mol.s temp.s It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape Sequences

Hi Gurus, Escape sequences \n, \t, \b, \t, \033(1m are not working. I just practiced these escape sequences. It worked first. Later its not working. Also the command - echo inside the script editor shows as shaded by a color. Before that echo inside the script editor wont show like this.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaneshAnanth
4 Replies
putnext(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					       putnext(9F)

NAME
putnext - send a message to the next queue SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> void putnext(queue_t *q, mblk_t *mp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
q Pointer to the queue from which the message mp will be sent. mp Message to be passed. DESCRIPTION
putnext() is used to pass a message to the put(9E) routine of the next queue in the stream. RETURN VALUES
None. CONTEXT
putnext() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
See allocb(9F) for an example of using putnext(). SEE ALSO
put(9E), allocb(9F), put(9F), qprocson(9F) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide NOTES
The put() and putnext() functions should be called only after qprocson() is finished. SunOS 5.10 18 Feb 1998 putnext(9F)