Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers "Requesting Internet Address for 0:14:4f:4d:61:7d" Post 302095077 by mayewil on Friday 3rd of November 2006 08:52:32 AM
Old 11-03-2006
"Requesting Internet Address for 0:14:4f:4d:61:7d"

When I run boot - s everything looks good for POST and bootup, but the system will not bail out of a "Requesting Internet Address for 0:14:4f:4d:61:7d". It keeps repeating theis same request over and over again and once in a while I get "SC Alert: Failed to send email alert for recent event." What to do? Anybody know?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

mayewil"Requesting Internet Address for 0:14:4f:4d:61:7d"

Mayewil, how did you get around this problem of the repeating "Requesting Internet Address for 0:14:4f:4d:61:7d" messages? I just got stuck with it, and cannot seem to find a way out. venky_kiran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venky_kiran
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I connect a hpux10.x os machine to "the internet" via a WinXP client?

I am wondering how can I cross this technical border of my ignorance for quite sometime, 6 months to be more exact, and just don't get it quite. I did read some newbies' literatures on UNIX OS but could not find the key to unlock the HP workstations (OS dated 1997 maybe because the man page... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liumx2000
0 Replies

4. Solaris

CJS installation problem(client display:requesting internet address for 0:21:28:17:80:f4)

hi can anyone fine a solution thwe the problem that am facing i was trying to install sun4v client vth sol10_U8, but when i played "boot net" its asking for "requesting internet address for 0:21:28:17:80:f4 plz give me a sol for this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: all_is_well
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
Address(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      Address(3pm)

NAME
Mail::RFC822::Address - Perl extension for validating email addresses according to RFC822 SYNOPSIS
use Mail::RFC822::Address qw(valid validlist); if (valid("pdw@ex-parrot.com")) { print "That's a valid address "; } if (validlist("pdw@ex-parrot.com, other@elsewhere.com")) { print "That's a valid list of addresses "; } DESCRIPTION
Mail::RFC822::Address validates email addresses against the grammar described in RFC 822 using regular expressions. How to validate a user supplied email address is a FAQ (see perlfaq9): the only sure way to see if a supplied email address is genuine is to send an email to it and see if the user recieves it. The one useful check that can be performed on an address is to check that the email address is syntactically valid. That is what this module does. This module is functionally equivalent to RFC::RFC822::Address, but uses regular expressions rather than the Parse::RecDescent parser. This means that startup time is greatly reduced making it suitable for use in transient scripts such as CGI scripts. valid ( address ) Returns true or false to indicate if address is an RFC822 valid address. validlist ( addresslist ) In scalar context, returns true if the parameter is an RFC822 valid list of addresses. In list context, returns an empty list on failure (an invalid address was found); otherwise a list whose first element is the number of addresses found and whose remaining elements are the addresses. This is needed to disambiguate failure (invalid) from success with no addresses found, because an empty string is a valid list. AUTHOR
Paul Warren, pdw@ex-parrot.com CREDITS
Most of the test suite in test.pl is taken from RFC::RFC822::Address, written by Abigail, abigail@foad.org COPYRIGHT and LICENSE This program is copyright 2001-2002 by Paul Warren. Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. SEE ALSO
RFC::RFC822::Address, Mail::Address perl v5.10.1 2002-04-13 Address(3pm)