Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: what left of the pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what left of the pattern Post 302095009 by anbu23 on Thursday 2nd of November 2006 02:42:33 PM
Old 11-02-2006
Code:
expr match "$filename" 'a2006\(.*\)'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no space left on device

I have a SCO UNIX on my Server. When I last tried to shutdown my system, I got an error message “no space left on device”. Now when I try to boot the system again, I just can't and I get the same error message. Please help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjane
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much disk space left?

Hi, I need to allocate some space to a particular filesystem. I am Unix newbie ... please tell me how to find out how much disk space I have on a disk. I use df -b to check kb free on the filesystems. Then I thought I would use pvdisplay -v /dev/dsk/c5t2d6 but I couldn't work out how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the most left hand string ??

Hi, I remember once seeing a way to get the left most string in a word. Let's say: a="First.Second.Third" (separated by dot) echo ${a#*.} shows --> Second.Third echo ${a##*.} shows --> Third How do I get the the left most string "First" Or "First.Second" ??? Tried to replace #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfortes
2 Replies

4. Solaris

No space left on device

Hi all, A very strange problem I have this morning with my Solaris 8. I have a FS full, I deleted some files but the system doesn't seems to reallocate the free space (I'm using Veritas): df -k : /dev/vx/dsk/dlds02vg/dlds02oralv 4194304 4194304 0 100% /dlds02/lds/oracle ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using cut command right to left

Hi guys I have variable that contains a full directory path. var=/tmp/a/b/c/d I want to be able to extract different directories in the path right to left while using / as the delimiter. so for e.g. if in the above example if I want c then I want it to be in the middle of 1st and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinaqvi90
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count from where it left??

i have this code num=1 dat10=`date "+%m/%d/%Y" -d "+10 days"` dat=`date "+%m/%d/%Y"` set -x grep "text=.&" /root/Softwares/apache-tomcat-5.5.30/logs/catalina.out|awk -F"from=" '{print $2}'|awk -F"opid" '{print $1}'|sort|uniq > pnos while read line do psql -U poss -d emsver -c "insert into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

9. AIX

How much resources is left on the P7?

I know that it is possible to login into the HMC console and view all the specs like, how much CPU/RAM every LPAR has. But how can I check how much the whole P7 has in total and how much is left to creat a new LPAR:wall: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DiViN3
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern and traverse left and pick something from another pattern

I have a Text like below , Detailed Table Information Table(tableName:a1, dbName:default, owner:eedc_hdp_s_d-itm-e, createTime:1520514151, lastAccessTime:0, retention:0, sd:StorageDescriptor(cols:, location:hdfs://DBDP-Dev/apps/hive/warehouse/a1,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nv186000
6 Replies
gmatch(3GEN)                                         String Pattern-Matching Library Functions                                        gmatch(3GEN)

NAME
gmatch - shell global pattern matching SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lgen [ library ... ] #include <libgen.h> int gmatch(const char *str, const char *pattern); DESCRIPTION
gmatch() checks whether the null-terminated string str matches the null-terminated pattern string pattern. See the sh(1), section File Name Generation, for a discussion of pattern matching. A backslash () is used as an escape character in pattern strings. RETURN VALUES
gmatch() returns non-zero if the pattern matches the string, zero if the pattern does not. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of gmatch() function. In the following example, gmatch() returns non-zero (true) for all strings with "a" or "-" as their last character. char *s; gmatch (s, "*[a-]" ) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), attributes(5) NOTES
When compiling multithreaded applications, the _REENTRANT flag must be defined on the compile line. This flag should only be used in mul- tithreaded applications. SunOS 5.10 29 Dec 1996 gmatch(3GEN)