Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Write the source code for messenger Post 302095001 by !_30 on Thursday 2nd of November 2006 01:34:56 PM
Old 11-02-2006
Your totaly right man ..

I want to make/write the code fast , but I forget about the simple things , which do the business.

Quote:
one pair where the server sends and the client recieves, another where the client sends and the server recieves, another where the client connects to what you name instead of anything builtin, etc.
I already practice , and make some examples of this one's Smilie And the good thing , after many tries , I understand the point. Smilie

I understand , how pthreads work , google it , and I can now just mofigy my source code and pthread it .

Smilie

EDIT : I finished to write the source code , for a multithreaded chat server , and it's working fine.Now I have to add more line's just for fun.

I have a question , how can I license , this software ( I want someting big ) , with GPL ? ( GNU ) , I saw many licensed source code .. Just a question Smilie

Last edited by !_30; 11-04-2006 at 07:20 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I review the source code?

A very n00b question: After compiling and installing software, where does the original source code reside? I'd like to study the source code of some of the ports I've installed. Thanks! :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aaron Van
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

write page source to standard output

I'm new to PERL, but I want to take the page source and write it to a file or standard output. I used perl.org as a test website. Here is the script: use strict; use warnings; use LWP::Simple; getprint('http://www.perl.org') or die 'Unable to get page'; exit 0; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wxornot
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i get unix source code?

Sir please tell me where can i get source code for some unix kernal and shell also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VIPUL15
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

6. Linux

Source code

I need the source code of fedora. plz plz plz help me........... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source code compilation

Need assistance in Source code compilation . When installing a software compiling a source code . Whatever the output that prints on the screen i want to log it into a file. How can i see output and store the output to file ./configure make make install Is there other way of seeing output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Source code

hii... i am a biginner....and i have linux source code ,downloaded from some website ,a compressed file on windows and dont know how do compile them..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M K Raju
4 Replies
Purple(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Purple(3)

NAME
Purple - Perl extension to the libpurple instant messenger library. SYNOPSIS
use Purple; ABSTRACT
This module provides the interface for using perl scripts as plugins in libpurple. DESCRIPTION
This module provides the interface for using perl scripts as plugins in Purple. With this, developers can write perl scripts that can be loaded in Purple as plugins. The scripts can interact with IMs, chats, accounts, the buddy list, libpurple signals, and more. The API for the perl interface is very similar to that of the Purple C API, which can be viewed at http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/ or in the header files in the Purple source tree. FUNCTIONS
@accounts = Purple::accounts Returns a list of all accounts, online or offline. @chats = Purple::chats Returns a list of all chats currently open. @connections = Purple::connections Returns a list of all active connections. @conversations = Purple::conversations Returns a list of all conversations, both IM and chat, currently open. @conv_windows = Purple::conv_windows Returns a list of all conversation windows currently open. @ims = Purple::ims Returns a list of all instant messages currently open. SEE ALSO
Purple C API documentation - http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/ Purple website - http://pidgin.im/ AUTHOR
Christian Hammond, <chipx86@gnupdate.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2003 by Christian Hammond This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the General Public License (GPL). For more information, see http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl.txt perl v5.12.1 2010-02-16 Purple(3)