Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LINKS command not working !!
Operating Systems Solaris LINKS command not working !! Post 302094955 by nibiru78 on Thursday 2nd of November 2006 09:19:09 AM
Old 11-02-2006
you can check which or apropos command that shows you situtation msg that command was loaded in system or not. or if you loaded manually may be it is in /opt you have to give exact way of the link command.

Regards

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

links working system wide

I have created symbolic links to several frequently used commands, for example: "lt" is a link to "ls -ltrgo|tail". What can I do to make these links available system-wide, or at least in the directories my coworkers are in most of the time? I have copied the link to several directories, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with find command using links

Hi, Having a simple issue with find command on Sun. The command works fine if the variable is set to the actual filesystem but fails when the variable is set to a link which is pointing to the same filesystem. export DUMPDEST=/oradata1/exports/pbm - Set the variable ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: win_vin
2 Replies

3. AIX

Copy command in Aix for Symbolic Links

I need to copy a directory from a production system to a test system on the same Aix server. However I need to ensure that the soft links are preserved as part of the copy ( therefore I guess the cp command is not the way to go ) What command can I use in Aix to achieve this copy ? thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying links/files using rsync command

Hi I am using rsync command to copy the likes like bwlow rsync -vaR krish/harris/test data/charles I am running this script in test1 folder but the krish/harssis /test is existed in test2 folder. So when i run this command am getting the error like rsync: link_stat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to find all soft links in a directory

I need the command to find all soft links in a directory. Can someone please help. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgeo01
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard Links and Soft or Sym links

When loooking at files in a directory using ls, how can I tell if I have a hard link or soft link? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
11 Replies

7. AIX

List all the soft links and hard links

Hi I'm logged in as root in an aix box Which command will list all the soft links and hard links present in the server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to copy original files from links in HP-UX

I have folder ABC and files in ABC are links. I want to create the same ABC folder in different path and copy the actual files from source ABC dir. Can anyone provide command for this? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatababu
2 Replies
PTS_APROPOS(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    PTS_APROPOS(1)

NAME
pts_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
pts apropos -topic <help string> [-help] pts ap -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The pts apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any pts command that has in its name or short description the string specified by the -topic argument. To display the syntax for a command, use the pts help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes ("") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any pts command in which the string specified by the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following command lists all pts commands that include the word "create" in their names or short descriptions: % pts apropos create creategroup: create a new group createuser: create a new user PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_help(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 PTS_APROPOS(1)