Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: listen to ports...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers listen to ports... Post 302094928 by By_Jam on Thursday 2nd of November 2006 04:50:00 AM
Old 11-02-2006
Ports

Hi,

You can use teh command :

Netstat -a , to see the ports status.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can client connect() when server in sleep(300); after listen(fd,5);

0 .with regards to you 1 .Thank you for reading letter 2 .a Server call sleep(20) after listern(fd,5) . When the Server is in asleep,a Client connect() to it successful and send a lot of appointed data . 3 .Why ? I think that the server is in sleep (beasue I call sleep()) , it donot block at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Let NTP listen only on one interface

Hallo, I have a machine which serves as NTP server. This machine has more (3) Network interfaces (+ loopback). By default NTP "binds" itself to all available interfaces, i.e. it listens on port 123 on all interfaces: netstat -an|grep 123 udp 0 0 127.0.0.1.123 *.* udp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to listen a port

I need to launch a script as soon as a file comes via a specified port on my system from another system. Program should work as a dameon and should invoke only when port start/stop accepting file. Any idea how to program/script it... Please no suggestions for cron. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumitwa
1 Replies

4. Solaris

socket in listen state disappears/closes automatically

Hi, I am using solaris 10. I have opened a socket connection using java in solaris 10 operating system, the port went to LISTEN state and able to create new socket connection and the new connections went to ESTABLISHED state. If I issue the command "netstat -an | grep <<portnumber>>", I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar3k
10 Replies

5. IP Networking

Configure squid to listen on any IP address with port 80

Hi, I am trying to configure a transparent squid cache. When I try to use the below option in squid.conf, squid listens on port 80 only for the IP address configured on the system's interface. http_port 80 transparent But I want squid to accept connections for any IP address on port 80.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learner32
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Listen given port

Good morning! I would like to test a particular port in Solaris, to see if the firewall rules are ok. Should I install an application, but as yet I have not, have to force solaris to keep an open door, and put any application listening to port 1099, and will test a terminal connectivity via... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the Listen Address of my process ?

Hi, We cant set the listen address of my java process to the IP address or any of the DNS names listen in the hosts file of the server. We can access the resources of the pid in the web browser through http://<IP / DNS>:port/console Based on the pid, how can we find what is the listen... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
TIMEOUT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						TIMEOUT(1)

NAME
timeout -- run a command with a time limit SYNOPSIS
timeout [--signal sig | -s sig] [--preserve-status] [--kill-after time | -k time] [--foreground] <duration> <command> <args ...> DESCRIPTION
timeout starts the command with its args. If command is still running after duration, it is killed. By default, SIGTERM. is sent. --preserve-status Always exits with the same status as command even if it times out. --foreground Do not propagate timeout to the command children. -s sig, --signal sig Specify the signal to send on timeout. By default, SIGTERM. is sent. -k time, --kill-after time Send a second kill signal if command is still running after time after the first signal was sent. DURATION FORMAT
duration and time can be integer or decimal numbers. Values without unit symbols are interpreted as seconds. Supported unit symbols are: s seconds m minutes h hours d days EXIT STATUS
If the timeout was not reached, the exit status of command is returned. If the timeout was reached and --preserve-status is set, the exit status of command is returned. If --preserve-status is not set, an exit status of 124 is returned. If command exits after receiving a signal, the exit status returned is the signal number plus 128. If command is an invalid command, the exit status returned is 126. If command is a non existing command, the exit status returned is 127. If an invalid parameter is passed to -s or -k, the exit status return is 125. SEE ALSO
kill(1), signal(3) BSD
Oct 28, 2014 BSD