Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syslog messages every minute
Operating Systems Solaris syslog messages every minute Post 302094706 by hcclnoodles on Tuesday 31st of October 2006 06:35:40 AM
Old 10-31-2006
syslog messages every minute

Hi

If we have for example a disk that is experiencing problems, ie read errors etc, a message will get generated via syslog every one minute....I come in the morning to hundreds upon hundreds of the same message. Is there anyway to change this to say 5 minutes or maybe 10 mins etc so that it doesnt fill up the logs

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

linux 7.1 goes off every other minute

i have loaded linux 7.1 on my PC along with win98 the problem is that every other minute th system goes off please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidya_harnal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting running every minute

Hi Experts, below similar thread i posted earlier. Although i wish to know ur suggestion newly. I want to run a script every 1 minute. I tried with Crontab. But the problem is cron send every 1 mins invertal- mail to the user mailbox. meanwhile, some expert telling me it is not wise to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i get only last 5 minute worth of data

I have a text file called 'tomcat_temp_out'. I want to get only last 5 minute worth of data from this file and redirect those data into another fule. Could you please help to work on this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivanete
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab for every minute or every hour

How to set crontab for every minute or every hour (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process file every minute

Hey guy's, How can I schedule this script using AWK, what I require is it runs every minute as new data will be added to the file? And I need to capture these data and save it to the output file. I tried using sleep 1 to allow the file to be processed but is not working. awk ' ... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
35 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take minute per minute from a log awk

Hi, I've been trying to develop a script that performs the parsing of a log every 1 minute and then generating some statistics. I'm fairly new to programming and this is why I come to ask if I can lend a hand. this is my log: xxxx 16/04/2012 17:00:52 - xxxx714 - E234 - Time= 119 ms.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockx
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to add those that have the same minute in a file

Hi All, Need your help on how i can sum up the values. I have a file that contains the count and the time. I wanted to add up all the first column having the same datestamp. Please see below. INPUT 1721 2015-12-26 00:01 1440 2015-12-26 00:02 1477 2015-12-26 00:02 411 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need record count on every 30 minute

We have the below records where we need record count of every 30 minute like 00:01 to 00:30 so in that we will have 48 record count in 24 hrs , and also we need sum of record count from 00:01 to 23:30. Please find sample data as well. 00:01 21 00:02 23 00:03 34 00:04 34 00:05 30... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
10 Replies

9. AIX

IO queue maxtime over 1 minute

We are experiencing around 1minute IO delays on Oracle DB including both read and write operations even for writing <1kB or reading single 8kB block. Below is the output of iostat -D -T 60 1000 for the problematic time periods asmdata03 xfer: %tm_act bps tps bread bwrtn ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: veslar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Minute(4) issue in teradata

I have values below for which diff field is giving error like "invalid time interval" in teradata Might be it is not doing calculation anymore after exceeding minute(4) value END_TS 2/2/2018 08:50:49.000000 START_TS 1/5/2018 17:30:02.000000 SLA_TIME 23:59:59.000000 select... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshupant
0 Replies
syslog.auth(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						    syslog.auth(4)

NAME
syslog.auth - authorization file for accepting remote syslog messages SYNOPSIS
# format: Each fully qualified host name on a separate line hostname.domain_name DESCRIPTION
The /etc/syslog.auth file specifies which remote hosts are allowed to forward syslog messages to the local host. For the sake of security, only messages coming from remote hosts listed in the local /etc/syslog.auth file will be logged by the syslogd daemon. If the /etc/syslog.auth file does not exist, then messages coming from any host will be accepted. Each remote host name should appear in a separate line in /etc/syslog.auth. A line started with the # character is considered as a comment and is thus ignored. A host name must be a complete domain name such as trout.zk3.dec.com. If a domain host name is given, it must either appear in the local /etc/hosts file or be able to be resolved by the local name server (BIND). Note that a host name can have at most as many characters as defined by the MAXHOSTNAMELEN constant in <sys/param.h>, although each line in the /etc/syslog.auth file can have up to 512 characters. The /etc/syslog.auth file must be owned by root and has a permission of 0600. To invoke a new version of the /etc/syslog.auth file, run the following command (as the super user) to initialize the syslogd daemon: kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslog.pid` EXAMPLES
The following example provides a typical authorization file: # format: Each fully qualified host name on a separate line c3poid.rvo.dec.com r2d2id.ckt.dec.com FILES
Location of the authorization file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: syslogd(8), syslog(1) System Administration delim off syslog.auth(4)