Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is your age? (Part 2)
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What is your age? (Part 2) Post 302094630 by Perderabo on Monday 30th of October 2006 01:54:58 PM
Old 10-30-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarikle
I would want to know more than anything else when someone 70+ surfaces in this forum is why, why, why?
Why not? If I wanted to travel or teach theology, that is what I would be doing NOW. I would not wait until I'm 70+ to finally enter my chosen field. I entered my chosen field at age 15. I actually would be interested to hear how you selected your path. It seems as odd as the reverse...wanting to be in IT, but spending a few decades studying and teaching theology first.

I take a hiatus every 20 years or so and I'm on one now. But I plan to resume my career next year and work past age 70. And winning the lottery tomorrow would not change that. So I plan to be working at age 71 for sure. I do plan to retire sometime during my 70's, but I will continue to use computers as a user and a hobbyist. And I see no reason that I could not be a contributing member of this forum past age 100 (umm, well, ...assuming the forum survives that long).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find a process age

I can write a script to use ps and interigate the output, but is there a command that works similar to the find command for files where I can request a list of all the running processes over 1 day old ? thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

What is your age?

What is your age? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check password age

Hi Guys, I hope one of you has already done this and is kind enough to share your script with me. I have a Solaris8 server that uses password aging for its local user accounts. I need a script that checks the age of the password and then sends the user an email if the password is about to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file age

How can I count the age of the file (e.g. in minutes)? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarmo.leppanen
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify age of the file.

Hi all, I'm using SunOS. need to find age of the file in terms of seconds. The file name with its path will be given to the script as input. Any kinda help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
7 Replies

6. AIX

Visual Age C++

hi , After i installed the visual age c++ its got installed but am not able to find the bin directory in the /usr/vacpp.am i need to install the some fileset ???? please help me.version is 7 mak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senmak
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Age of file

Hi All.. Is there any easy way to find out how many days older is file? for ex. fileA 20 days fileB 10 days I am currently on AIX, and there is no STAT command available in this environment. What are my options? Thanks Abhijeet R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
1 Replies
strclean(1M)															      strclean(1M)

NAME
strclean - remove outdated STREAMS error log files SYNOPSIS
logdir] age] DESCRIPTION
cleans the STREAMS error logger directory of log files mm-dd) that contain error messages sent by the STREAMS log driver, strlog(7). If the option is not used to specify another directory, removes error log files in the directory. If the option is not used to specify another age, removes error log files that have not been modified in three days. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: Specifies a directory for the location of the STREAMS error log files to be removed if this is not the default directory Specifies a maximum age in days for the STREAMS error log files if this not the default age of 3. The value of age must be an integer greater than or less than 3. EXAMPLES
Remove day-old error log files from a directory called FILES
One or more error log file or files on which operates. The mm-dd in the filename indicates the month and day of the messages con- tained in the file. NLS catalog for SEE ALSO
strerr(1M), strlog(7). strclean(1M)