Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is your age? (Part 2)
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What is your age? (Part 2) Post 302094627 by BOFH on Monday 30th of October 2006 01:18:30 PM
Old 10-30-2006
Travelling I'm doing now. Why wait until I'm too old to enjoy it (I tour on a motorcycle).

First job would be picking tomatoes in San Diego. Then Marine Infantryman, then Army Military Police. Then Army Graphics Artist. Then a part time BASIC programmer working on Leading Edge, TRS-80, and Franklin PCs.

My dad was a computer person in the Navy and told me never to get in the computer field. There's no future unless you want to spend your time inside the systems dusting.

Hey, not everyone is Nostradamus Smilie

Carl

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find a process age

I can write a script to use ps and interigate the output, but is there a command that works similar to the find command for files where I can request a list of all the running processes over 1 day old ? thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

What is your age?

What is your age? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check password age

Hi Guys, I hope one of you has already done this and is kind enough to share your script with me. I have a Solaris8 server that uses password aging for its local user accounts. I need a script that checks the age of the password and then sends the user an email if the password is about to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file age

How can I count the age of the file (e.g. in minutes)? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarmo.leppanen
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify age of the file.

Hi all, I'm using SunOS. need to find age of the file in terms of seconds. The file name with its path will be given to the script as input. Any kinda help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
7 Replies

6. AIX

Visual Age C++

hi , After i installed the visual age c++ its got installed but am not able to find the bin directory in the /usr/vacpp.am i need to install the some fileset ???? please help me.version is 7 mak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senmak
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Age of file

Hi All.. Is there any easy way to find out how many days older is file? for ex. fileA 20 days fileB 10 days I am currently on AIX, and there is no STAT command available in this environment. What are my options? Thanks Abhijeet R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
1 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)