Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: timing your functions
Top Forums Programming timing your functions Post 302094604 by jim mcnamara on Monday 30th of October 2006 09:28:18 AM
Old 10-30-2006
Suggestion: use a profiler. Most UNIX systems compilers come with one.
Code:
cc myfile.c -o myfile -g -p
./myfile # run your code #
prof ./myfile

You will get a display of how long your code spent in every function, plus the number of times it was called. The reason for the suggestion - it doesn't require instrumenting your code with timing calls.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

timing a loop in unix.

hi guys.. i have a shell script that loops through a certain directory to see if a file has been created and then prints the file if it exists... the only problem i have now is that sometimes the flat does not get created by the program thats supposed to create it, in this scenario, my loop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolkott
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp timing out

having problems using scp in that during peak hours it appears to time out. anyone have similar experiences? any thoughts regarding a solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jph
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing out a SSH

I need to make it so an autmated process which involves ssh, times out if ssh prompts for a password. Most of the time it shouldnt prompt for a password. But if it does i need it to time it out or get a status and stop the ssh and log that the ssh failed and move onto the next server. Is there any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
9 Replies

4. AIX

Kshell scripts and timing

Hello everyone, I have a script thats acting funky, what I would like to do is report to a file, how long its taking to get to certain area's, in seconds. For example. -- Start timer -- Run unix command 1 -- Run unix command 2 -- Stop timer -- Report Seconds -- etc etc Is there a way... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbridle
3 Replies

5. Programming

Help with __builtin_prefetch function and it's timing

Hello there, I just needed to know how to get the timing right when using the gcc __builtin_prefetch() function, that is, how many instructions before the actual utilization of the data should I make the prefetch call. I will be measuring the L1 cache hit rate with valgrind's cachegrind,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tavo
3 Replies

6. Programming

Weird timing results in C

I was running some timings in my code to see which of several functions was the best and I've been getting some odd results. Here's the code I'm using: static double time_loop(int (*foo)(int)) { clock_t start, end; int n = 0, i = 0; start = clock(); for (; i <= MAXN; i++) if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing a script

i have a very big script i have that i'd like to add a timeout to. this script runs on a several remote host. i update this script with timeout clause and then copy it over to all the hosts on which it is currently on. basically, i want the timeout to make the script abort/exit if it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Hardware and system timing are different

-> We have 2 servers server1 and server2 server. ->server1 is master application and server2 is slave application server. ->output of server1 hardware and slave timing: # hwclock --show Thu 05 Jun 2014 05:34:08 PM SGT -0.465666 seconds # date Thu Jun 5 17:34:16 SGT 2014 # cd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
6 Replies

10. Programming

Byte swap timing

I have noticed the difference in byte swap timing between two Ubuntu systems. The bswap_32 used to work just fine on the old system, but on the new one it lags behind home-grown swap. My code: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <byteswap.h> #include... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies
rsvg(1) 							   User Commands							   rsvg(1)

NAME
rsvg - convert SVG files into raster images SYNOPSIS
rsvg [--dpi number] [--format png|jpeg] [--height integer] [--version] [--width integer] [--x-zoom number] [--y-zoom number] infile.svg outfile.png|outfile.jpeg DESCRIPTION
rsvg converts SVG images into PNG and JPEG raster images. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --dpi number Set the resolution of the image in pixels per inch. The default value is 90dpi. You can also use -d to specify this option. --format png | jSpecify the output format for the converted image. The default value is png. You can also use -f to specify this option. --height integerSpecify the height of the converted image. The default value is the height of the original image. You can also use -h to specify this option. --version Display rsvg version information. You can also use -v to specify this option. --width integer Specify the width of the converted image. The default value is the width of the original image. You can also use -w to specify this option. --x-zoom number X Zoom factor, as a percentage. The default value is 1.0. You can also use -x to specify this option. --y-zoom number Y Zoom factor, as a percentage. The default value is 1.0. You can also use -y to specify this option. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: infile.svg The name of the input SVG file. outfile.png The name of the converted PNG file. outfile.jpeg The name of the converted JPEG file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting an SVG Image to PNG example% rsvg myfile.svg myfile.png Example 2: Converting an SVG Image to JPEG at 300dpi Resolution example% rsvg -f jpeg -d 300 myfile.svg myfile.jpg EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/rsvg Executable to convert SVG files into raster images ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
http://librsvg.sourceforge.net/ http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/ NOTES
Original man page written by Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com), Alex Larsson (alex@redhat.com), and others. Updated by Laszlo Peter, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 7 Sep 2004 rsvg(1)