Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to configure sendmail in linux Post 302094598 by saini_mw on Monday 30th of October 2006 08:11:10 AM
Old 10-30-2006
In both cases you need to do the same configuration,difference is if you are sitting inside a firewall then you need to do port forwarding on your firewall,,
thats all .........

Regards,.

Harinder Singh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure sendmail on AIX4.3.3.

Hi! I want to enable sendmail facility on my AIX 4.3.3 box. I know that the configuration sendmail.cf must be populated with the necessary info according to my needs. Question is what are those, and what is the syntax? Other than sendmail.cf, are there any configuration files i need to edit? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jolobets
1 Replies

2. AIX

Simple way to configure sendmail

Hi, Can anybody guide where can i get the procedure of configuring sendmail on aix 4.3.3 in a simple way. I dont know anything about sendmail. Cheers, Vinod.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinod2all
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure sendmail on Suse Linux 9.0...???

Dear Friends, I have a system running with Suse Linux 9.0 xyz# uname -a Linux xyz 2.4.21-291-smp #1 SMP Tue May 24 14:07:45 UTC 2005 i686 unknown I would like to configure sendmail on this system for sending e-mails as & when require. Can somebody help me out to do this. Thanks &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I configure sendmail?

I am trying to run sendmail from a script with the results from that same script. Each time I use sendmail I get the following message in /var/log/maillog: Feb 27 02:25:42 (none) sendmail: m1R1Pg3S013841: to=test@test.com,just,testing, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bronkeydain
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to configure Sendmail for simply use?

Hi lads, would you be able to advice, please, how to configure Sendmail for sending casual emails (like with Thunderbird or Outlook). Before I used Exim 4 in Debian and did not have any problem with configuration. Knowledges almost zero, but know what is MTA, MUA, etc. Workstation is typical,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrbu
3 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

How to configure sendmail in solaris 10

how to configure sendmail in solaris 10 ???? Anyone knows, pls share the documents. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to configure sendmail for AIX 5.3

Hello All, I am very new to this sendmail thing. I need to set up AIX servers with sendmail service to get emails in my corporate email address. All I am asked to do is use SMTP gateways (already in place) for using sendmail. thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Configure mailx or sendmail

hi, I would like to configure mailx or sendmail to send out some mails to some users. I tried searching online for the configuration but it was kinda confusing. I thought that posting here might get someone to work with me step by step I tried sending out mail but i did not receive in my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cghcgh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configure CC list in sendMail

Hi All, When I send a mail using sendMail command it sends a mail to the concerned with few people in cclist. Not sure where cc list is configured. I want to change that cc list configuration. Please help. Thanks and Regards Nagaraja Akkivalli. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure sendmail with SMTP

Hello, I'm trying to configure sendmail with SMTP authentication on a SunOS 5.11 operating system. I have been read various documentation / tutorials and unfortunately is not working. I need help from someone who has configured smtp on this operating system. When I try to send a mail, I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4rkm4nx99
2 Replies
Net::Config(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  Net::Config(3pm)

NAME
Net::Config - Local configuration data for libnet SYNOPSYS
use Net::Config qw(%NetConfig); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Config" holds configuration data for the modules in the libnet distribution. During installation you will be asked for these values. The configuration data is held globally in a file in the perl installation tree, but a user may override any of these values by providing their own. This can be done by having a ".libnetrc" file in their home directory. This file should return a reference to a HASH containing the keys described below. For example # .libnetrc { nntp_hosts => [ "my_preferred_host" ], ph_hosts => [ "my_ph_server" ], } __END__ METHODS
"Net::Config" defines the following methods. They are methods as they are invoked as class methods. This is because "Net::Config" inherits from "Net::LocalCfg" so you can override these methods if you want. requires_firewall HOST Attempts to determine if a given host is outside your firewall. Possible return values are. -1 Cannot lookup hostname 0 Host is inside firewall (or there is no ftp_firewall entry) 1 Host is outside the firewall This is done by using hostname lookup and the "local_netmask" entry in the configuration data. NetConfig VALUES nntp_hosts snpp_hosts pop3_hosts smtp_hosts ph_hosts daytime_hosts time_hosts Each is a reference to an array of hostnames (in order of preference), which should be used for the given protocol inet_domain Your internet domain name ftp_firewall If you have an FTP proxy firewall (NOT an HTTP or SOCKS firewall) then this value should be set to the firewall hostname. If your firewall does not listen to port 21, then this value should be set to "hostname:port" (eg "hostname:99") ftp_firewall_type There are many different ftp firewall products available. But unfortunately there is no standard for how to traverse a firewall. The list below shows the sequence of commands that Net::FTP will use user Username for remote host pass Password for remote host fwuser Username for firewall fwpass Password for firewall remote.host The hostname of the remote ftp server 0 There is no firewall 1 USER user@remote.host PASS pass 2 USER fwuser PASS fwpass USER user@remote.host PASS pass 3 USER fwuser PASS fwpass SITE remote.site USER user PASS pass 4 USER fwuser PASS fwpass OPEN remote.site USER user PASS pass 5 USER user@fwuser@remote.site PASS pass@fwpass 6 USER fwuser@remote.site PASS fwpass USER user PASS pass 7 USER user@remote.host PASS pass AUTH fwuser RESP fwpass ftp_ext_passive ftp_int_passive FTP servers can work in passive or active mode. Active mode is when you want to transfer data you have to tell the server the address and port to connect to. Passive mode is when the server provide the address and port and you establish the connection. With some firewalls active mode does not work as the server cannot connect to your machine (because you are behind a firewall) and the firewall does not re-write the command. In this case you should set "ftp_ext_passive" to a true value. Some servers are configured to only work in passive mode. If you have one of these you can force "Net::FTP" to always transfer in passive mode; when not going via a firewall, by setting "ftp_int_passive" to a true value. local_netmask A reference to a list of netmask strings in the form "134.99.4.0/24". These are used by the "requires_firewall" function to determine if a given host is inside or outside your firewall. The following entries are used during installation & testing on the libnet package test_hosts If true then "make test" may attempt to connect to hosts given in the configuration. test_exists If true then "Configure" will check each hostname given that it exists perl v5.16.3 2014-06-17 Net::Config(3pm)