Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX on an alternative system
Operating Systems AIX AIX on an alternative system Post 302094564 by analyzer on Monday 30th of October 2006 03:21:14 AM
Old 10-30-2006
I have two different NF5500 systems. Type 8660-65X Intel Pentium 3 processors and type 8660-58X Intel Pentium 2 processors. Will AIX 5.3 run on one of these servers? Unfortunately I didn't find any information on the ibm.com website. Thanks for your help.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

2. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Printers moved to anothere AIX system

AIX Printers need to be moved to another system Guy's We have two servers old AIX 5.2 and new AIX 6.1 the old server has more than 300 printers installed with different configurations I'd like to move all the printers from the old server to the new server with fast steps it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative Scripting Language for UNIX/Linux System Administration

I do not know UNIX shell scripting so as an alternative which language would you think is better for daily System Administration tasks. Perl or PHP? I know a little about both. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopus
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want alternative of -maxdepth 1 for all Linux,Solaris and AIX

find /full/path/dir \( ! -name dir -o -type f \) -prune -type f on AIX it worked perfect : sdp1:/var/tmp/test# find /var/tmp/test/ \( ! -name test -o -type f \) -prune \ -name "*properties" -type f -exec ls -l {} \; -exec cksum {} \; -rw------- 1 root system 19 Dec 12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant.hcl
5 Replies

6. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to AIX: How do I setup high availability on an AIX System

I am new to AIX but not new to unix. I have an interview for an AIX systems admin position and I know they want someone who has knowledge of High Availability, Failover and LPARs From my research so far, It appear powerha is used to setup high availability and failover on Power systems but is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathisecure
2 Replies
GET_CYCLECOUNT(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					 GET_CYCLECOUNT(9)

NAME
get_cyclecount -- get the CPU's fast counter register contents SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/systm.h> #include <machine/cpu.h> u_int64_t get_cyclecount(void); DESCRIPTION
The get_cyclecount() function uses a register available in most modern CPUs to return a value that is monotonically increasing inside each CPU. On SMP systems, there will be a number of separate monotonic sequences, one for each CPU running. The value in the SMP case is selected from one of these sequences, dependent on which CPU was scheduled to service the request. The speed and the maximum value of each counter is CPU-dependent. Some CPUs (such as the Intel 80486) do not have such a register, so get_cyclecount() on these platforms returns the number of nanoseconds represented by the structure returned by nanotime(9). The Pentium processors all use the TSC register. The Alpha processors use the PCC register. The IA64 processors use the AR.ITC register. SEE ALSO
nanotime(9) HISTORY
The get_cyclecount() function first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Mark Murray <markm@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
November 20, 2000 BSD