Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity how to access computer behind cable modem, from outside,across "the Internet" Post 302094446 by stdout on Friday 27th of October 2006 02:27:19 PM
Old 10-27-2006
hello,

what do you mean by access?
if you run a web server - then the request should be http get.

have you publish your web server to the internet?
do a static nat.

cant see your web server?
create a firewall rule to allow it

cheersSmilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problem: "Sorry, modem is busy"

Hi! I have a little prob with dialing up to the internet... When I try connect, it says "Sorry, modem is busy"... Specs: Laptop 56K modem Slackware 8.0 Kernel 2.4.5 Cheers;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
4 Replies

2. Linux

LINUX "Direct cable connection" HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my job I'm trying to setup a pc (running Linux Red Hat 9.0), and I need to establish a Direct cable connection to a modem connected to one COM port. I'm an experienced user of Windows, but between Linux and Unix I will be crazy in a short time!!!!! :D Please if someone of you can helpme, thank... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gussiglo21
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cable Modem, Unix, XP Computer Primary, need advice setup!

I have a XP computer which is my primary. I recently, well just today installed a old version of Mandrake Linux 6.5 I had laying on a self collecting dust on a old PII 233mhz that had to be vacummed out before I could use it. I have my XP computer connected by 10/100 NIC to a cable modem. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garfunkle
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

5. SuSE

"scp" access denied:/etc/security/access.conf

Guys i have 2 SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 (i586) boxes.if i take a look into /etc/security/access.conf ,i see following lines at the eof # All other users should be denied to get access from all sources. #- : ALL : ALL - : myID : ALL now earlier i had written scripts where files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ak835
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Cannot access UNIX.com with new cable modem

Hi. I have a very strange problem, so strange I don't even know which sub-forum to post it to. Last week, my cable modem broke, so I took it back and got a new one. The new one doesn't work with my old router so, for now, I have to connect the modem directly to my Mac with an ethernet... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
hpsmh(1M)																 hpsmh(1M)

NAME
hpsmh - starts or stops the HP System Management Homepage server SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The HP System Management Homepage is the management server for web-based System Administration tools. In order to use HPSMH, start a web browser on your desktop or workstation, and type in the URL or Address of the server to be managed: By default, the HP SMH management server under HP-UX only starts on demand. It does not run continually. A daemon listens on port 2301 to start an instance of the management server. The above URL automatically starts the management server, then redirects your browser to the secure port from which to login: The command starts or stops the HPSMH server. If no options are specified, displays the possible options. Options The command supports the followings options: Starts the HPSMH Server if is not currently running Stops the HPSMH Server Access Control By default, only the root user can login to HPSMH. Within HPSMH you can configure additional user groups to have HPSMH access. You must be a superuser to run the command. Certificates Installing HPSMH will generate an SSL self signed certificate. Because this certificate is self signed, when connecting to HPSMH your web browser will prompt you with a warning that the certificate was issued by a web site, company or Certificate Authority you have not chosen to trust. It is possible to proceed by accepting this self signed certificate temporarily for each session. You can also view and install (accept permanently) this certificate to avoid this warning in the future. HPSMH also supports installation of certificates created by a Certifi- cate Authority. RETURN VALUES
The command returns: upon successful completion if the command failed EXAMPLES
Starts HPSMH Server: Stops HPSMH Server: Shows options: Using HPSMH, start a browser and enter the following URL: AUTHORS
was developed by Hewlett-Packard SEE ALSO
smhstartconfig(1M). hpsmh(1M)