Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed Post 302094443 by Heathe_Kyle on Friday 27th of October 2006 02:06:20 PM
Old 10-27-2006
Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could either explain or maybe point me to another article somewhere that explains the difference between:

distributed computing
grid computing
parallel computing

I see these terms thrown around a lot in server and cluster environments, but I'd like a solid explanation of what each technology does exactly and the pros/cons to each solution.

Thanks.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Distributed

I've downloaded distributed latest build for dnetc, and I think i installed it. Not sure where the excicuteable would be. Any help? i realize this is a little ambigious, so I can allways reintstall it if i know how to put it in a specific directory.. does anyone know if VNC works for the Intel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a grid file

Hi everybody: I want to create a grid file for export to statistical program. My aid is create a file with both rows, one row are x coordenates and other for y coordenates. All grid obviousolly are same space. the form that i want is this: x=(400000 ........ 600000) and y=(4000000 .......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

3. AIX

GRID containers technology

Hi forum, I am aware that on Hp-Superdome technology (Blade Servers) is avaliable while on Solaris GRID technology is the latest in the market. I would like to know if similar high end technology is also available for AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheram
1 Replies

4. Programming

Distributed Automation kill()

Ok, so Ive been stumped by this problem for the last 3 days, and my exploration is reaching its limitations... The key idea is that at any moment in time, the automation controller could theoretically have any number of threads open to any number of node machines running any number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
2 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

how to do GRID COMPUTING?

Hello, I want to know how to combine the processing power of given 2 FEDORA machines in LAN. Can you please tell me the commands,etc used to perform such an operations.Can you please give me the links where I can find more info on this topic. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
5 Replies
xslt-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						    xslt-config(1)

NAME
xslt-config - script to get information about the installed version of libxslt SYNOPSIS
xslt-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--libs] [--cflags] [--version] [--help] DESCRIPTION
xslt-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use libxslt. OPTIONS
xslt-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of libxslt on the standard output. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a libxslt program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a libxslt program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that libxslt was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the executable prefix that libxslt was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. AUTHORS
Daniel Veillard (daniel@veillard.com) NOTES
Source for libxslt is available in the SUNWlxslS package. Documentation for libxslt is available on-line at http://www.xmlsoft.org/XSLT. 17 Jul 2002 xslt-config(1)