Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Site/Info for Linux Users Post 302094415 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of October 2006 11:44:10 AM
Old 10-27-2006
It needs flash 8. Linux only has a stable flash 7 at the moment, with an unstable-as-hell flash 9 beta, and those are all 32-bit x86 only. So, it's not useful now but could be in a year or two, if you're running an x86 32-bit linux machine with an X11 window manager, an installed GTK+2x toolkit, and a compatible version of mozilla or firefox. Or windows.

I like the irony. It's like those books on linux that come with windows-only software, or that online solaris course whose webpages linked to c:\program files\xxxx\videoname.wmv on purpose, demanding you install stuff. Can't say I'm particularly impressed.

Last edited by Corona688; 10-27-2006 at 12:49 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft Is Using Linux To Protect Its Own Web Site

Here is a great news story: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=74&e=9&u=/cmp/13100775 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

2. Linux

Linux process info

Hello, I had a back job scheduled to run at 2 am in the morning in my crontab. I found out that the job did not initiate and there were no logs dumped as to the reason for the failure to initiate. I found the process had started but failed to trigger the job and it had actually hung because it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nayeemmz
2 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Original (Archive) Site for Linux Benchmarks

FYI: Here is the archive site for the original Linux benchmarks (1994 - 1996) http://linux.silkroad.com/ Neo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

4. AIX

Finding a specific UID on a site with hundreads of users.

Hello, I am not the AIX guru.. This might seem simple for a lot but I am not sure where to start.. So here is my question: I have a unix account on a remote site. My UID is 999999. Now I need to create my account at my main site, with the same UID. So i have to make sure the UID 999999 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxalarie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

documentation for beginners setup virtual site, users, mailaccounts on raq 550

Greetings to all reading this, I am a Linux/Unix newbie webmaster with a dedicated server, a RaQ 550. I am looking for some step by step documentation about managing a server with shell (not the GUI), from adding a virtual site to adding users, email accounts etc. I can find only parts of this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolandk
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display info about users (UID GID processes terminal)

I would like to get an opinion for my solution for this task and get feedback about better approach or mistakes I have made. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script which prints information about users whose names are specified in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornfan
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.

Hello All, Greetings!! Have a thought about how could we encourage more users to post and participate more on UNIX.com(because more we get questions, more we learn more), few are my ideas which I am posting feel free to add/edit more ideas in here. Keeping this as a POLL too. I- Allow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
10 Replies
FIREFOX(1)							Linux User's Manual							FIREFOX(1)

NAME
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser SYNOPSIS
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL] firefox-bin [OPTIONS] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. USAGE
firefox is a simple shell script that will set up the environment for the actual executable, firefox-bin. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module X11 options --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Firefox options -h, -help Show summary of options. -v, -version Print /usr/bin/firefox-bin version. -CreateProfile profile Create profile. -P profile Start with profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -remote command Execute command in an already running Firefox process. For more info, see: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html -jsconsole Start with Javascript Console -chrome url Load the specified chrome. -no-remote Don't connect to any other running instances of firefox. Use this if you want to run firefox in an entirely new process. By default, firefox will delegate a command to an already running instance. -safe-mode Start firefox in safe-mode. This disables all third-party extensions, and may be necessary if you are having problems with an exten- sion you installed. -new-tab url Open url in a new tab. -new-window url Open url in a new window. -preferences Open the preferences dialog. -private Start firefox in private browsing mode. -private-toggle Toggle private browsing mode. -setDefaultBrowser Set firefox as the default web browser. -search term Search for term with your default search engine. -migration Start with migration wizard. -new-instance Open new instance, not a new window in running instance. FILES
/usr/bin/firefox - shell script wrapping firefox /usr/lib/mozilla/firefox-bin - firefox executable VERSION
1.0 BUGS
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ SEE ALSO
mozilla(1) AUTHORS
The Mozilla Organization http://www.mozilla.org/about.html firefox August 07, 2001 FIREFOX(1)