Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Site/Info for Linux Users Post 302094415 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of October 2006 11:44:10 AM
Old 10-27-2006
It needs flash 8. Linux only has a stable flash 7 at the moment, with an unstable-as-hell flash 9 beta, and those are all 32-bit x86 only. So, it's not useful now but could be in a year or two, if you're running an x86 32-bit linux machine with an X11 window manager, an installed GTK+2x toolkit, and a compatible version of mozilla or firefox. Or windows.

I like the irony. It's like those books on linux that come with windows-only software, or that online solaris course whose webpages linked to c:\program files\xxxx\videoname.wmv on purpose, demanding you install stuff. Can't say I'm particularly impressed.

Last edited by Corona688; 10-27-2006 at 12:49 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft Is Using Linux To Protect Its Own Web Site

Here is a great news story: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=74&e=9&u=/cmp/13100775 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

2. Linux

Linux process info

Hello, I had a back job scheduled to run at 2 am in the morning in my crontab. I found out that the job did not initiate and there were no logs dumped as to the reason for the failure to initiate. I found the process had started but failed to trigger the job and it had actually hung because it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nayeemmz
2 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Original (Archive) Site for Linux Benchmarks

FYI: Here is the archive site for the original Linux benchmarks (1994 - 1996) http://linux.silkroad.com/ Neo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

4. AIX

Finding a specific UID on a site with hundreads of users.

Hello, I am not the AIX guru.. This might seem simple for a lot but I am not sure where to start.. So here is my question: I have a unix account on a remote site. My UID is 999999. Now I need to create my account at my main site, with the same UID. So i have to make sure the UID 999999 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxalarie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

documentation for beginners setup virtual site, users, mailaccounts on raq 550

Greetings to all reading this, I am a Linux/Unix newbie webmaster with a dedicated server, a RaQ 550. I am looking for some step by step documentation about managing a server with shell (not the GUI), from adding a virtual site to adding users, email accounts etc. I can find only parts of this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolandk
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display info about users (UID GID processes terminal)

I would like to get an opinion for my solution for this task and get feedback about better approach or mistakes I have made. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script which prints information about users whose names are specified in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornfan
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding thoughts for encourage more users to post/participate on UNIX.com site.

Hello All, Greetings!! Have a thought about how could we encourage more users to post and participate more on UNIX.com(because more we get questions, more we learn more), few are my ideas which I am posting feel free to add/edit more ideas in here. Keeping this as a POLL too. I- Allow... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
10 Replies
TALK(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TALK(1)

NAME
talk -- talk to another user SYNOPSIS
talk person [ttyname] DESCRIPTION
talk is a visual communication program which copies lines from your terminal to that of another user. Options available: person If you wish to talk to someone on your own machine, then person is just the person's login name. If you wish to talk to a user on another host, then person is of the form 'user@host'. ttyname If you wish to talk to a user who is logged in more than once, the ttyname argument may be used to indicate the appropriate terminal name, where ttyname is of the form 'ttyXX'. When first called, talk sends the message Message from TalkDaemon@his_machine... talk: connection requested by your_name@your_machine. talk: respond with: talk your_name@your_machine to the user you wish to talk to. At this point, the recipient of the message should reply by typing talk your_name@your_machine It doesn't matter from which machine the recipient replies, as long as his login-name is the same. Once communication is established, the two parties may type simultaneously, with their output appearing in separate windows. Typing control-L '^L' will cause the screen to be reprinted, while your erase, kill, and word kill characters will behave normally. To exit, just type your interrupt character; talk then moves the cursor to the bottom of the screen and restores the terminal to its previous state. Permission to talk may be denied or granted by use of the mesg(1) command. At the outset talking is allowed. Certain commands, in particu- lar nroff(1) and pr(1), disallow messages in order to prevent messy output. ENVIRONMENT
If the TALKHOST environment variable is set, its value is used as the hostname the talk packets appear to be originating from. This is use- ful if you wish to talk to someone on another machine and your internal hostname does not resolve to the address of your external interface as seen from the other machine. FILES
/etc/hosts to find the recipient's machine /var/run/utmp to find the recipient's tty SEE ALSO
mail(1), mesg(1), who(1), write(1) HISTORY
The talk command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
The version of talk released with 4.3BSD uses a protocol that is incompatible with the protocol used in the version released with 4.2BSD. BSD
January 7, 2007 BSD