Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VxVM softpartitions
Operating Systems Solaris VxVM softpartitions Post 302094389 by RTM on Friday 27th of October 2006 09:03:33 AM
Old 10-27-2006
From acb-tech.com
Quote:
FS/Create Create a filesystem on a RAID 5 volume # vxassist -g rootdg make vol03 (size) layout=
raid5,log nstripe=2 stripeunit=32 disk03 disk04 disk05 (log will go on last disk in list)

FS/Create Create a RAID 5 volume with NOLOG # vxassist -g DG1_acb-db4-p make vol01 2g layout=raid5,nolog
stripeunit=32 ncolumn=5 alloc="c2t20d109 c2t20d111 c2t20d105 c2t20d106 c2t20d108"
FS/Create Create a RAID 5 volume with LOG # vxassist -g DG1_acb-db4-p make vol02 500m layout=raid5,log
stripeunit=32 ncolumn=5 alloc="c2t20d105 c2t20d106 c2t20d107 c2t20d108 c2t20d109 c2t20d111"
see acb-tech.com hints

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

VxVM

All solaris rescue gurus out there .... I've a Solaris 2.6 E450 on which my sysadmin guy has deleted every file (not sub-directories) from the /etc directory. The machine is (was) running Vxvm with the root volume encapsulated. I've tried booting from CDROM, mounting the root volume... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy11983
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

vmstat -d with VxVM

I've got a Linux box that I'm pretty sure is having some disk issues. iostat isn't installed, but vmstat is, so i've been trying to use that to do some initial diagnostics while I go through our company's change control process to get iostat installed. The problem I'm having is that the disks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
4 Replies

3. Solaris

VxVM..anything to worry about in here..

DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 sliced rootdisk rootdg online c1t1d0s2 sliced disk01 rootdg online c2t0d0s2 sliced actsvr101 actsvr1dg online c2t2d0s2 sliced actsvr102 actsvr1dg online c2t3d0s2 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
13 Replies

4. Solaris

VxVM on Solaris.

Hi, Quick question if anyone knows this. Is there a command I can use in Veritas Volume manager on Solaris that will tell me what the name of the SAN I am connected to? We have a number of SANs so I am unsure which one my servers are connected to. Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
13 Replies

5. Solaris

Reg. VXVM

Hi Guys, I have a doubt either to Reboot the server after Replacing the disk0. I have two disks under vxvm root mirrored and i had a problem with primary disk so i replace the disk0 failed primary disk and then mirrored. After mirroring is it reboot required ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
7 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VxVM and MPxIO

:confused: Last week I read that VxVM won't work with MPxIO (i don't recall the link) and that it should be unconfigured when installing VxVM. Today I read that VxVM works in "pass-thru" mode with MPxIO and DMP uses the devices presented by MPxIO. If I create disks with MPxIO and use VxVM to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

7. Solaris

No of volumes in vxvm

Anyone knows that how many volumes can be created in a Diskgroup? Thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
1 Replies

8. Solaris

vxvm

hi all, how can we check whether vxvm is installed in our system or not in solaris? Thanks in advance dinu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
4 Replies

9. AIX

VXVM in POWERHA 6.1

I have created a VxVM disk group in AIX7.1. I have tried to added this VxVM disk group in powerHA 6.1. But in cluster VxVM DGs are not listing. Is there any other procedure to add vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. Please share me steps for adding vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
6 Replies
ATARAID(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ATARAID(4)

NAME
ataraid -- ATA software RAID support SYNOPSIS
device ata device ataraid DESCRIPTION
The ataraid driver provides support for so-called software RAID (sometimes referred to as fake RAID or pseudo RAID). When a controller that supports software RAID is instructed to create a RAID array, its BIOS writes data structures in a specific metadata format to the disks. These data structures are picked up by the ataraid driver, so that FreeBSD can work with the array. The ataraid driver has to understand the specific metadata format of a controller BIOS in order to support its RAID capabilities. Read-only support for a metadata format means that FreeBSD can use the given RAID array for normal read/write operations. Creation and rebuild of such arrays has to be done from the controller BIOS. Read and write support for a metadata format means that FreeBSD can use the given RAID array for normal read/write operations. Additionally, the atacontrol(8) utility can be used to create, rebuild, update and fail such RAID arrays. The ataraid driver can read the following metadata formats: o Adaptec HostRAID o Highpoint V2 RocketRAID o Highpoint V3 RocketRAID o Intel MatrixRAID o Integrated Technology Express (ITE) o JMicron o LSI Logic V2 MegaRAID o LSI Logic V3 MegaRAID o NVIDIA MediaShield o Promise FastTrak o Silicon Image Medley o Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) o VIA Tech V-RAID o FreeBSD PseudoRAID The ataraid driver can write the following metadata formats: o Highpoint V2 RocketRAID o Intel MatrixRAID o JMicron o Promise FastTrak o Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) o VIA Tech V-RAID o FreeBSD PseudoRAID It is also possible to use software RAID on controllers that do not have special software RAID capabilities. See atacontrol(8) for details. FILES
/dev/ar* ATA RAID device nodes SEE ALSO
ata(4), atacontrol(8) CAVEATS
RAID5 is not supported at this time. Code exists, but it neither uses nor maintains parity information. AUTHORS
The ataraid driver was written by Soren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Christian Brueffer <brueffer@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
February 17, 2006 BSD